The Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the development, planning, execution and quality control of US Club Soccer’s marketing and communications initiatives, as well as the acquisition and fulfillment of sponsorships. This includes the management of all internal and external platforms.
Sponsorship responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively engage and guide sponsorship efforts – both acquisition and retention – under the direction of the CEO/Executive Director. This includes but is not limited to: creating and maintaining sponsorship presentation and supporting materials, pitching potential sponsors, strategizing about the execution of each sponsor, and cultivating relationships to extend existing agreements.
- Manage and execute, with assistance from associated staff, the sponsor fulfillment program.
Communications responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise, direct and develop the communications staff, and collectively accomplish the following responsibilities:
- Strategize, develop and maintain content for all of US Club Soccer’s platforms. This includes diversifying content, ensuring that all platforms are updated frequently, and reviewing existing content to ensure relevancy and accuracy.
- Strategize, develop and execute social media initiatives. Drive users to social media platforms and utilize as a web-based marketing strategy.
- Strategize, develop and execute specific communications and marketing plans to help achieve the organization’s branding, registration and specific programming goals.
- Prioritize marketing tools, such as graphic design and multimedia, to consistently deliver optimal content to US Club Soccer members, partners and staff.
- Develop and execute pre-event, on-site and post-event communications plans.
- Maximize external media coverage of US Club Soccer. Cultivate and maintain relationships with appropriate soccer media contacts. Regularly monitor, archive and circulate external media coverage.
- Develop and manage communications budget.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operations, project and event-based support.
- Assist the sales and membership-focused functions of other departments by developing presentation and supporting materials.
- Identify, formulate and analyze reports on an as-needed basis.
- Proactively identify areas of potential improvement.
- Generally contribute to US Club Soccer’s mission, vision and core values.
This position requires an individual who is proactive, motivated and organized, of high integrity, and able to work cooperatively in a team environment while representing US Club Soccer in a professional manner. Additional qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution, or equivalent previous work experience.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills (verbal and written), and a strong attention to detail.
- Highly refined abilities in time management, prioritization and administration.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and independently, and produce high-quality output within specific time constraints.
- Ability to manage and lead staff and volunteers in a positive and supportive manner.
- Fiscally responsible.
- Proficiency with applicable software programs.
- Knowledge of soccer is preferred, but not required.
- Satisfactory background screening and related requirements
Some travel and evening/weekend work are required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.