Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with many of the U.S. National Governing Bodies. If you are interested in working for a participating U.S. National Governing Body, please apply for a job under the categories below. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online.
So that your skills can be properly assessed, we urge you to make sure that your application is complete for each job with questions answered and comments added.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Sport Scientist, Network Professional with United States Soccer Federation in Varies, IL
United States Soccer Federation jobs
Sports Jobs in Varies, IL
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people, who can think, create and work on a team.
Working within the High Performance Department in collaboration with the full time sport science staff, contribute to the delivery of world class sport science services on an as needed basis to support YNT’s in domestic and international training camps and competitions.
· Provide sport science support for YNTs as requested by the High Perfromance Director and/or the Sport Science Senior manager
· Travel with YNT to training camps and games both within the U.S.and abroad
· Work closely with the YNT coaches to provide support and guidance with training planning and implementation.
· Work closely with the medical staff to ensure all testing, screening, monitoring and return to play protocols are optimized and delivered.
· In conjunction with USSF standards provide monitoring, testing, S&C and nutrition support to all players within the training camps.
· Ensure all data collected and stored correctly in line with USSF standards.
· Ensure all data collected is disseminated to all required staff and players in line with the USSF standards.
· Provide sport science and performance education to players when needed
· BSc in Sport Science (or equivalent)
· Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) Accreditation (NSCA)
· Minimum of 3 years of practical performance experience; Soccer or team sport experience is preferred
· Knowledge and experience delivering performance requirements for youth athletes
· Knowledge and experience delivering performance requirements for female and male athletes
· Completion of Safesport and Background check
· MSc in Sport Science/Kinesiology/Physiology/Performance or related field
· Experience working in collaboration with coaches and other support staff
· Knowledge and experience working with GPS and other monitoring systems.
· Effective communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives
· First Aid and CPR certification
· Proficient on computer with software such as: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Video Editing
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
· Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
· Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
· Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
· Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
· Open to criticism and does not make excuses
· Possess a tireless work ethic
· Wants to be part of a team that wins
· Has the ability to be firm but fair
· Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
· Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.