*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
U.S. Soccer’s in-house Video Production team is part of the organization’s Content Department and is responsible for producing video content across a variety of platforms. The in-house production process at U.S. Soccer encompasses shooting, editing, graphics creation and post-production. The ideal candidate is a sophisticated visual storyteller and is able to assemble unique and compelling video pieces of varying length and topic using an extensive library of Federation footage. The Men’s National Team Videographer/Editor works closely with other members of the Video Department and the larger Content
Department on a variety of projects on a weekly basis, fulfilling the company’s needs for video content on its digital outlets and at live events of varying scales. The primary focus will be traveling with and creating content for the Men’s National Team.
- Lead all video projects involved with the USMNT in and out of camp, which includes filming and editing, to be used on ussoccer.com, YouTube, social media and events
- Develop storylines for all video projects involving the USMNT in conjunction with Content and PR Departments
- Coordinate all shooting schedules with USMNT players, coaches and other individuals in and out of camp
- Responsible for coordinating on-site video capture for USMNT match days, including additional shooters
- Manage all USMNT video and work with the Video Department to ensure there is an organized process for ingesting and distributing footage as required for U.S. Soccer’s media library
- Maintain upkeep and maintenance of all equipment required for the position
- Facilitate live productions of ancillary activities on and around gameday, including press conferences, player interviews, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and 3+ years of experience in the field and a production studio environment
- Ability to see through a project individually from preproduction, to shooting, lighting, sound mixing, editing and finishing, all on deadline
- Strong editing skills with an advanced knowledge of NLE systems (preferably Adobe Premiere Pro)
- Unique vision and editing style with a thorough understanding of visual and narrative style
- Impetus to push U.S. Soccer’s stylistic sensibility while staying within the boundaries of its well-established workflow and methods
- Approaches project, data, and studio management with the same attention to detail as any of the elements mentioned above
- Experience in the field with digital cinema cameras, sound and lighting techniques
- Quick learner who can function well in the fast-paced environment mandated by professional sports
- Passport required
- Full-time position, minimum 40-hour week with weekend work and lots of travel required
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
Performance Evaluation Criteria:
How are you successful?
Think/Create – How often have we come up with new and creative ideas for MNT video content?
Manage – How are we working with the content team to ensure that video is connected to all of the content produced?
Communicate – Are we ensuring that we’re including our main messages within the video content?
Measure – How are we measuring the success of our video content?
- Execute/Deliver – Are we meeting deadlines and providing enough video content to help us continue to grow our overall views?
- Service – Are we providing footage that is helpful to media, broadcasters and others?