*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
SheBelieves Internship Program Overview
The SheBelieves platform aims to inspire and encourage young women and girls to accomplish their dreams both on the field and off. This exciting platform includes the SheBelieves Cup (an elite annual international tournament hosted by the U.S. Women’s National Team), SheBelieves Hero, SheBelieves Summit, and additional programs with the goal of positively impacting their lives. Through SheBelieves, U.S. Soccer aims to instill in every young woman and girl self-confidence and positive action towards being their best self.
As an extension of this movement, U.S. Soccer offers internships that bring the ethos of SheBelieves to life. The Sporting Operations Intern position was selected to be part of the SheBelieves Internship Program.
Each intern will have access to networking opportunities with fellow interns across the country and individuals who are dedicated to personifying the SheBelieves movement. In addition, there will be opportunities for learning and development in the areas of professional growth and a customized mentorship program. Interns will be tasked with creating and presenting a capstone project at the Internship Wrap-Up Event in collaboration with other SheBelieves Interns.
For more information regarding the SheBelieves platform, please visit www.ussoccer.com/shebelieves
Do you have an interest in sporting operations, project management, and improving the U.S. Soccer landscape through strategic initiatives? The Sporting Department is looking for a Sporting Operations Intern who will personify the SheBelieves ethos and contribute to the integration and alignment of U.S. Soccer’s Sporting Departments.
This position will support the Sporting Operations Manager, with a focus on administrative responsibilities.
- Support the integration and alignment of t the Sporting Departments
- Assist with creating and implementing internal policies and process revision to drive organizational efficiency
- Document meeting minutes and other administrative duties as assigned
- Provide project management and administrative support on the development of the U.S. Soccer Technical Plan
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate college student at the time of application with at least one year of college completed (or 24 credit hours) before the start of the internship
- Strong organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experience with documentation, editing, and project/process management
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Exhibit a high degree of professionalism
- Able and willing to travel domestically if needed
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours, including weekends, evenings, and holidays if needed
- General knowledge of soccer
- Interest in sport management
- Passion for the development of soccer in the United States
- Embodies the SheBelieves ethos in everyday life (e.g., a leader in their community, committed to empowering others, passionate and working to make a positive difference)
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills