*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and by supporting members, impacting athletes, and serving fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
SheBelieves Internship Program Overview
The SheBelieves platform aims to inspire and encourage young women and girls to accomplish their dreams both on the field and off. This exciting platform includes the SheBelieves Cup (an elite annual international tournament hosted by the U.S. Women’s National Team), SheBelieves Hero, SheBelieves Summit, and additional programs with the goal of positively impacting their lives. Through SheBelieves, U.S. Soccer aims to instill in every young woman and girl self-confidence and positive action towards being their best self.
As an extension of this movement, U.S. Soccer offers internships that bring the ethos of SheBelieves to life. The Finance Intern position was selected to be part of the SheBelieves Internship Program.
Each intern will have access to networking opportunities with fellow interns across the country and individuals who are dedicated to personifying the SheBelieves movement. In addition, there will be opportunities for learning and development in the areas of professional growth and a customized mentorship program. Interns will be tasked with creating and presenting a capstone project at the Internship Wrap-Up Event in collaboration with other SheBelieves Interns.
For more information regarding the SheBelieves platform, please visit www.ussoccer.com/shebelieves
U.S. Soccer’s Finance Intern will work closely with other members of the Finance Department in order to help provide support impacting all departments of the organization. The ideal candidate is someone with an educational background in accounting or finance who is looking to gain experience in the field and/or has one year of related experience.
- Performs routine accounting activities such as maintenance of the general ledger
- Helps prepare various accounting statements and financial reports
- Posts journal entries and verifies billings, invoices, and checks
- Assists in completing moderately complex calculations, formulas, and functions such as VLOOKUP, filters, data validation, conditional formatting, and pivot tables in Microsoft Excel
- Processes weekly bills for payment
- Reconciles accounts and bank statements
- Assists with international game closeouts
- Other projects as assigned
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate college student at time of application with at least one-year of college completed (or 24 credit hours) before the start of the internship
- Must currently be pursuing a degree in a related field such as business, finance, accounting, etc.
- Strong understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles
- Proficient with spreadsheets, Microsoft Excel, and other software tools
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under pressure/deadlines
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow
- Prior work or internship experience
- Passion for soccer is a plus, not required
- Thrives in a team-oriented environment
- Embodies the SheBelieves ethos in everyday life (e.g., a leader in their community, committed to empowering others, passionate and working to make a positive difference)
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
- Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
- Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
- Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Open to criticism and does not make excuses
- Possess a tireless work ethic
- Wants to be part of a team that wins
- Has the ability to be firm but fair
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.