Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with many of the U.S. National Governing Bodies. If you are interested in working for a participating U.S. National Governing Body, please apply for a job under the categories below. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online.
So that your skills can be properly assessed, we urge you to make sure that your application is complete for each job with questions answered and comments added.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Grants Program Manager with U.S. Soccer Federation in Chicago, IL
U.S. Soccer Federation jobs
Sports Jobs in Chicago, IL
Other (consulting, membership, non-profit, real estate): Fundraising/Major Gifts
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We seek motivated, passionate, skilled people who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Grants Program Manager is responsible for overseeing and administering a national grants application, selection, disbursement, reporting and evaluation process designed to enhance the elite youth soccer landscape. The Manager will report to the Chief Stakeholders Officer, and work across several departments to ensure the grants programs are properly guided and track towards their intended outcomes.
• Promotes programs to relevant stakeholders through strategic marketing and communications
• Manages the grant technology platforms and solutions
• Develops and evolves effective applications and application processes
• Facilitates the review process, including managing grant-review committees
• Works with Legal Department to codify and verify application, funding and reporting processes
• Works with Finance Department to execute and track funding disbursements
• Collaborates with third-party groups, as needed, to review applications and evaluate club progress
• Maintains active communication and builds relationships with funding recipients
• Ensures and enforces program compliance for funding recipients
• Conducts site-visits to review grant progress
• Oversees reporting and evaluation
• Develops useful materials and reports for funders and donors
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 3-5 years in grants management experience
• Strong, professional written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to effectively deliver important information to diverse stakeholders
• Elevated critical thinking and uncompromising ethical standards
• Accurate, meticulous work style with strong organizational and time management skills
• Ability to use Fund-generated technical information and data to build easily-to-consume stories for donors and stakeholders
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
• Adopt a company centric approach—Serve the Athlete and the Fan
• Embrace and see learning as a lifelong pursuit
• Possess a growth mindset—keeps an open mind and seeks new challenges
• Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
• Open to criticism and does not make excuses
• Possess a tireless work ethic
• Wants to be part of a team that wins
• Has the ability to be firm but fair
• Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
• Build relationships through genuine interpersonal skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.