Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with many of the U.S. National Governing Bodies. If you are interested in working for a participating U.S. National Governing Body, please apply for a job under the categories below. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online.
So that your skills can be properly assessed, we urge you to make sure that your application is complete for each job with questions answered and comments added.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Athletic Trainer, Youth National Teams
United States Soccer Federation
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
Job Title: Youth National Team (YNT) Athletic Trainer
Department: High Performance (OT-28)
Reporting To: Director, High Performance (HPD), Chief Medical Officer (CMO) & Senior Manager, Sport Medicine (SMM)
Normal Work Hours: Contracted
FLSA Status: Exempt
U.S. Soccer Overview
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. Our mission is to make soccer the preeminent sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We are seeking motivated, passionate, skillful people, who can think, create and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing company that looks for team members to grow with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture and an atmosphere for professional development.
Working with the HPD, CMO and SMM contribute to the development and delivery of world class athletic trainer support to the YNTs.
High Performance Department (HPD) Overview
o Maximize performance across all sport development programs
o Provide multi-disciplinary expertise.
o Integrate high performance into everyday environment.
o Develop innovative and soccer specific research.
· Provide all Athletic Training support for the YNTs as requested by the HPD, CMO and SMM
· Travel extensively with YNTs to training camps and games both within the U.S.A and abroad
· Responsible for the delivery of the USSF standards in Injury prevention, recognition, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation to all YNT players
· Responsible for evaluating and referring major injuries and/or illnesses to the team physician, consultants, hospitals or specialists as appropriate
· Ensure all medical data collected, stored and up to date correctly in line with USSF standards, including but not limited to; nature of injury or illness, treatment given, date, insurance, injured reserve, injury protection, medical authorization, medical information release, physical examinations, medical referrals, surgical reports and x-ray/MRI information
· Ensure all data collected is disseminated to all required staff and players in line with the USSF standards and time frames
· Work closely with the High Performance staff to ensure the USSF standards in all testing, screening, monitoring and return to play protocols are optimized, delivered and recorded
· Build strong relationship with YNT clubs/colleges home and abroad to ensure the bi-lateral sharing of data and information is provided pre and post camp
· Supervise any support other medical staff within the YNTs
Other duties as assigned or required. May include:
· Support the development of internal resources required within the high performance department
· Bachelor's Degree athletic training or Related field
· NATABOC certified Athletic Trainer (ATC)
· Current CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (or equivalent) certification
· Minimum 5 years clinical experience working within Soccer and/or other elite sport
· Experience working with youth athletes
· Current member of NATA or similar governing body
· Master’s Degree in Athletic Training or related field
· Advanced certification/experience in movement analysis (AFS, CES, PES)
· Proven track record in delivering world class medical provision to athletes and coaches
· Experience working in collaboration with coaches and other support staff
· Academic Publications
· Vast knowledge and experience of medical equipment and technology
· Proficient on computer with software such as Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access and Video Editing
· Effective communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives
· Excellent organizational, data collection, planning and leadership skills
Working at U.S. Soccer is a unique opportunity. Employees who work at U.S. Soccer have the following attributes:
Performance Evaluation Criteria:
How are you successful?