This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, as well as a collaborative spirit, equality, fairness, respect, and accountability.
Under the general direction of the Director of Software Development, the Software Developer Level I is directly responsible for the maintenance and creation of software and to make the tasks of adding, updating, deleting, and displaying information easy and user friendly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design scale-able architecture to meet goals and builds projects to specification and timescale.
- Develop data analysis capabilities.
- Establish developer-client relationships.
- Develop the capability to manage portions of projects assigned.
- Effectively communicate status of projects to a direct supervisor daily.
- Document all work carried out.
- Performing web updates.
- Assisting staff with computing issues when other members of the department are unavailable.
- Code sections of the application system.
- Daily testing, documenting and training.
- Attending daily scrum meetings.
- Review Database Changes and compare to standards.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Learn new software and technology.
- Monitor department activities in absence of supervisor.
- Perform maintenance on database servers.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Analytical or problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain performance under pressure.
- Ability to set priorities and maintain effectiveness at varying tasks.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be involved with every aspect of the programming life-cycle.
- Typing ability 20 wpm.
- Windows OS, VB.NET, C#, MVC, SQL Server, and Microsoft Office knowledge required.
- Working hours from 8:30am to 5pm with overtime as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field is strongly preferred.
- Experience may substitute for education.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Please attach a resume in either Word document or PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**