This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, as well as a collaborative spirit, equality, fairness, respect, and accountability.
Under the general direction of the Director, Technology Infrastructure, this position is responsible for troubleshooting and resolving all technical issues for client workstations and peripheral devices, including telephones, for all users and all Federation locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting and resolving workstation hardware/software and network problems, performing internet research and providing technical support to all users.
- Assembling, installing, and configuring hardware/software for new workstations and performing maintenance on all workstations.
- Maintaining and troubleshooting telephone and peripheral devices.
- Performing other duties including assisting the Network Engineers, performing restoration of tape backups, modification of the network, e-mail, and voice-mail accounts.
Goals and Objectives:
- Workstation hardware/software, network problems, and problems with peripherals are resolved in a timely manner and equipment can be used effectively with minimal interruption of workflow.
- Standard hardware configurations deployed are effective and support business needs and requirements.
- Assembly, installation, and configuration of new workstations is effective and performed in a timely manner,
- Effective service and technical support is provided in a timely manner and interruption of workflow is minimized.
Required, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Analytical or problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain performance under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A+/MCTS/MCSA recommended.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Some college preferred.
- 2 years of directly related experience preferred.
- At least one year experience in troubleshooting and maintaining computers, copiers, and printers required.
- Must have experience in MS Office 2010, 2013, 2016, Windows 7,8.1,10, Mac OS, PC/Mac hardware, and network cabling.
- Audio visual skills are a plus.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Please attach a resume in either Word document or PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**