This position supports the Federation’s mission and vision by demonstrating a commitment to exemplary member service, including a collaborative spirit, innovation, respect, and accountability.
The Environmental Coordinator will assist in keeping USEF headquarters in a clean and orderly condition which may include: general upkeep and maintenance, notifying management of needed repairs and completing work orders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general cleaning and janitorial duties in the building, including but not limited to: dusting, wiping down walls and surfaces, cleaning windows, vacuuming, mopping floors, scrubbing, and trash removal.
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance such as replacing light bulbs or unclogging pipes.
- Service, clean, sanitize and supply restrooms and breakrooms.
- Performs limited grounds maintenance such as mowing and trimming lawns and hedges and cleaning snow from sidewalks.
- Performs limited building maintenance such as replacing light bulbs, unclogging toilets, and organizing storage rooms, assisting with the movement of furniture, and hanging décor on the walls.
- Ensures heating and cooling systems are operational.
- Maintains a neat and orderly facilities room; ensures cleaning and maintenance supplies are stocked.
- Assists in inspecting the facility for safety and environmental hazards and review of vendor work; reports any deficiencies to leadership.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Assist the Facilities Coordinator with mail provisioning, order and distribution of supplies, and work orders.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of safety hazards and proper use of various cleaning and sanitizing solutions.
- Detail-oriented and thorough.
- Ability to inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
- Ability to perform basic repairs and operate tools or equipment used in routine maintenance.
- Ability to keep the facility clean and orderly.
- Ability to interact with staff and customers while remaining professional, polite, and courteous.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must complete a background check.
- Prolonged periods of walking and standing.
- Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, climb, reach, and lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Requires extended hours of availability, including evenings and weekends.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
**Please attach a resume in either Word document or PDF format. Preference will be given to applicants who provide an updated resume.**