As VP of Software Engineering, you will provide the vision, strategy and execution for building innovative and streamlined software systems and processes that enable TVG to deliver high quality, scalable consumer products on schedule. This role requires significant experience in developing and operating high-scale consumer products across native mobile and web as well as shared platform services and driving continuous improvement across the software delivery lifecycle. You will have a proven track record in solution and systems design, software architecture, software development best practices, agile delivery, continuous deployment, operations at scale and incident and problem resolution.
- Create the vision and strategy for a highly effective software delivery organization that strives to continuously improve the people, processes and technology that allows us grow the business and win in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Lead the architecture, design, implementation and deployment of products, working with delivery teams to ensure effective translation of requirements into technical specifications, delivery of products to schedule with high quality.
- Collaborate with senior engineering staff to define and implement reliable, scalable, efficient and secure architectures operating in a public cloud environment.
- Manage and mentor a globally distributed team ensuring we have the most effective roles and team structure to respond to the needs of the business.
- Manage the entire software development lifecycle in an agile delivery environment focusing on continuous deployment at pace while maintaining quality and performance of software systems including supporting systems in production, responding to production incidents and managing unplanned work.
- Establish effective measures that allow teams to continuously improve across software delivery, software quality, service availability and operational costs and drive operational excellence including performance and resiliency, monitoring and metrics, incident response.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field15+ years of overall engineering experience with a focus on high performing consumer-facing application and platforms including software development, product development, software architecture and operational support.
- 7+ years of direct management experience, building high performance teams composed of local and remote members and experience working with outsourced development partners.
- Previous hands-on experience developing web applications, transactional platforms from requirements gathering to delivery and support.
- Experience with defining and implementing software delivery best practices, agile delivery methodologies and proven track-record of continuously improving delivery pace while maintaining quality.
- Experience supporting software systems in production including on-call support with a relentless focus on improving the stability, availability and performance of those systems.
- Possess a deep understanding of ecommerce operations, including site experience, merchandising, content, digital marketing and analytics, client engagement, conversion and retention.
- Experience building applications for public or private cloud environments including automated deployment, immutable infrastructure, multi-region resiliency, container environments.
- Google, Amazon or Azure preferred.
- Experience building native or hybrid mobile apps targeting iOS or Android platforms.
- Knowledge of live video or video on demand distribution systems and video streaming platforms such as Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV and Roku.
Physical demands (ADA):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or use calculator or numerical keys on computer keyboard. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time as well as bend, reach, and stoop, or kneel. Moderate physical activity is required, including the ability to lift 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Must be able to multi-task in a constantly changing environment. Requires the ability to meet pressure deadlines and time constraints. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
TVG Network/Betfair US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.