We are seeking a passionate and creative individual for the position of Information Architect/UX Designer as part of our UX team. You’ll be responsible for developing and documenting the structure of multiple web and mobile properties and for defining user experience across many forms of digital communication including website, TV and mobile. You’ll create common IA/UX deliverables including site maps, wireframes, process flows, website audits, competitive assessments and reviews, prototypes, etc.
We are placed in an exciting industry that has plenty of room to grow and improve. The challenge will stretch your design thinking from fundamental e-commerce design through to fast paced media based interfaces.
The UX team is looking for an enthusiastic, pro-active UX designer – someone who loves doing what they do and executing innovative, practical and relevant design solutions for our customers. In this role, you will be working directly with the design director in the LA office and our UI designers based in Porto, Portugal.
You will take a sophisticated approach to design using intelligence, data & research to grasp complex user problems and turn them into elegant solutions which you are able to articulate and sell to the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Product Managers & Owners to design a brilliant digital experience while taking a pragmatic approach that balances scope & delivery against the ideal experience
- Create and document information design concepts and solutions by various means including diagrams, site maps, user flows, annotated wireframes, and prototypes.
- Perform content analysis, task analysis, and task modeling; develop use cases/scenarios; lead and recommend test methods and usability testing.
- Identify and create opportunities for user feedback in the development of new and existing features.
- Examine and leverage TVG traffic analysis to inform decisions and refine user flows.
- Stay up-to-date with new and innovative trends in the information architecture discipline, as well as industry news and developments; work to build similar knowledge among other design and production team members.
- You will not be expected to design visuals as a part of this role, but will have input and discussion with the UI designers
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to grasp the essence of complex design problems and user pain points, and translate them to practical design solutions.
- Ability to take requirements and goals to produce effective sketches, wireframes, user flows, and prototypes to communicate ideas to others with solid rationale.
- Expertise in any of the major design suites. (Team uses Axure, Sketch and Framer)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to speak on a technical level with programmers and developers.
- Working knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of HTML, CSS, and the major mobile platforms.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- For consideration, applicants must submit a portfolio of previous work describing their contributions
Physical demands (ADA):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or use calculator or numerical keys on computer keyboard. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time as well as bend, reach, and stoop, or kneel. Moderate physical activity is required, including the ability to lift 15 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Must be able to multi-task in a constantly changing environment. Requires the ability to meet pressure deadlines and time constraints.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
TVG Network/Betfair US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.