Join a place where innovation, creativity, customer/business focus, continuous improvement, automation and operational objectives are a way of life— and love what you do.
We’re a company that doesn’t stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations. As a member of our technology team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on dynamic projects,collaborative environment where innovative thinking is encouraged. Working with the development team and other engineers, you will conduct system analysis of operational systems to include automation, troubleshooting, and problem solving. You will be charged with monitoring the production environments, ensuring proactive management of events, and proper systems optimization to maximize availability of critical services. You will have an obsessive focus on automation and building repeatable solutions.
Dedicated commitment to technical excellence and quality customer service.
- Provide and participate in testing processes for production systems, assist in analyzing key metrics for optimal performance delivery.
- Ongoing integration and deployment/delivery pipelines in a release engineering context.
- Performance measurement and tuning methodology for capacity planning and bottleneck hunting.
- Identify & evangelize new technologies, patterns, solutions, and best practices.
- Manage IT infrastructure-as-code to insure complete automation.
- Collaborate with existing platform architects on long term and strategic architectural changes to platform.
- Work autonomously actively identifying areas for improvement in the platform.
- Provide production support (24/7) and expect to be on call including off business hours, holidays, and weekends, as needed/scheduled.
- Provide technical support when needed on designated race days.
- BS in CS/CE/EE or related field
- 5+ years’ experience; or, MS in CS/CE/EE or related field
- 5+ years’ experience; or, 8+ years of applicable technical experience.
- 5+ years of Systems Engineering including operations, management, design, and development of Linux-based systems.
- 1+ year experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, GCP)
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm.
- Ability to write code in at least one programming language (e.g. Python, Perl, Java, Ruby, Go).
- Comfort using Git/Bitbucket for practical configuration data and code management.
- Expertise with cloud compute IaaS/abstracted PaaS solutions (AWS/Google Solutions Architect or equivalent) and hybrid/on-premises private compute environments.
- Knowledge in the following disciplines forms the central pillar of your T-shaped skill set:
- Software defined networking in cloud environments and operation with application load balancing, IPv4 routing and dynamic routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), IPsec VPN, and network security best practices.
- Automation framework orchestration, configuration management, and software-defined infrastructure management techniques (SaltStack preferred, others e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc. also acceptable).
- Large scale production UNIX/Linux operating system, application, and security maintenance in an online service provider environment (Ubuntu and Debian GNU/Linux preferred).
- Demonstrable experience in troubleshooting in the cloud (Amazon AWS and Google Compute Engine).
- Experience in automation of code deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack.
- Knowledge of NoSQL, databases and data stores.
- Deep knowledge of service oriented, cloud, and micro service architecture.
- Knowledge of message broker/structures such as RabbitMQ.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent organization skills including the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Must pass State of Oregon Racing Commission background security check.
- Professional work expereince and understanding of security concepts related to cloud (firewall, proxy, key management, IAM, certificate management)
- Work with Agile systems in the development of techniques while utilizing Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) and DevOps
- Ability to write architectural design documents or review design documents provided by others.
Physical demands (ADA):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or use calculator or numerical keys on computer keyboard. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time as well as bend, reach, and stoop, or kneel. Moderate physical activity is required, including the ability to lift 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Must be able to multi-task in a constantly changing environment. Requires the ability to meet pressure deadlines and time constraints. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
TVG Network/Betfair US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.