The Helpdesk Technician is the first line technical support representative of the IT Department. They provide responsive and accurate technical assistance in person, via phone, or utilizing electronic methods. They are responsible for ensuring maximum user uptime and providing a high level of customer service. They will resolve client desktop related problems using a wide range of support tools and solutions. Work is done both independently and in collaboration with other members of the IT team.
- Identify, troubleshoot, resolve, and document end-user system issues & requests
- Take ownership of the helpdesk ticketing system by responding to, managing, and prioritizing end-user support request tickets, calls, and emails
- Ensure all requests are resolved in a timely manner and with high quality results.
- On-site and remote technical 1st and 2nd level support.
- Maintain ownership of request tickets; follow through until the issue/request is resolved
- Provide updates and project completion reports to IT management
- Collaborate with fellow IT team members to escalate & resolve Enterprise level issues/requests
- Configure, deploy, and relocate corporate desktops and laptops
- Install and configure standard applications
- Configure printers and hardware peripherals
- Perform systems back up and image creation
- Ability to prioritize outstanding issues and manage user expectation
- Escalate high priority issues reported using established guidelines & policies
- Identify, report, and respond to potential virus infections and other security threats
- Asset & Supply Management
- Manage and track all hardware including but not limited to: desktops, laptops, phones, printers, & servers
- Toner and other expendable supply management
- User Account Administration – Microsoft Active Directory
- Create, modify, and purge user accounts upon request
- Perform password resets
- Provide Software Support on PC & MAC clients - including but not limited to:MS Office Suite of applications,Email & VPN Clients,Adobe Products,Multiple web browsers,Other in-house, 3rd party, & mobile applications
- Support PBX Functions
- Support Call Center Avaya PBX Desktop tools, CMS, Call Center Express desktop and Zultys telephony stations.
- Minimum 1 year of previous Helpdesk / IT Customer Support experience.
- Basic computer hardware/software troubleshooting and support skills.
- Microsoft Operating Systems support knowledge (Windows 7, Windows 10)
- Microsoft Office Suite use and support skills (Suite 2010, Suite 2013)
- Available for On-Call support & overtime hours
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proper phone/email etiquette.
- Ability to work independently, as well as an effective member of a national team.
- A+ / Network + / Microsoft Certifications
- AA/Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from accredited university
- Background in networking, systems administration, and VPN functionality
- Ability to work with clients remotely with or without remote assistance software
Physical demands (ADA):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or use calculator or numerical keys on computer keyboard. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time as well as bend, reach, and stoop, or kneel. Moderate physical activity is required, including the ability to lift 15 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment. Must be able to multi-task in a constantly changing environment. Requires the ability to meet pressure deadlines and time constraints.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
TVG Network/Betfair US is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.