QuintEvents is the industry-leading provider of Official Ticket and Hospitality packages to many of the world’s most prominent sports and entertainment events. QuintEvents’ innovative programs enable those properties to expand fan experiences and corporate client entertainment opportunities in a way that reflects the quality and prestige of those brands.
QuintEvents has a portfolio of 20+ official property partnerships including Formula 1®, NBA, Kentucky Derby®, The Open Championship, the Australian Open, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears, Green Bay Packers, The Pro Football Hall of Fame, Breeders Cup, Belmont Stakes, Barrett-Jackson, NHL®, MotoGP™, Presidents Cup and THE PLAYERS Championship.
About the Role
As the Financial Controller, you will lead the company’s financial accounting department. This role reports to the Vice President of Finance and is based at our corporate headquarters in Charlotte, NC.
- Hands-on leadership and oversight of all financial accounting and reporting activity
- Managing and supervising staff performing accounting duties across cash management, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and corporate accounting functions (team of 8)
- Leading the month-end closing process to ensure complete and accurate financials are available in a timely manner (including preparation of supporting schedules, account reconciliations and journal entries)
- Publishing the monthly financial reporting package distributed to senior management, owners, and other key stakeholders
- Overseeing the financial reporting for subsidiary entities and developing and implementing processes for corporate consolidations (including foreign subsidiaries)
- Leading the year-end audit and tax filing processes and coordinating all activities with external auditors and other advisors
- Ensuring compliance with all government reporting requirements including complex multi-jurisdictional sales tax reporting and tracking
- Identifying, implementing, and monitoring internal controls and risk prevention strategies
- Supporting M&A efforts with due diligence and integration of accounting systems and processes
- Driving improvements in accounting operations and continuously improving the quality of information being reported to stakeholders
Keys to Success
Ownership and Accountability: Delivering high-quality, accurate and timely financial information and analysis is the fundamental requirement for this role. The right candidate will enjoy taking on the business-critical responsibility that comes with those expectations and will be confident in making decisions and taking actions needed to get those outcomes.
Collaboration and Relationship Building: With a diverse business model and operations around the world, the right candidate will enjoy working in an environment where teamwork and partnership across the entire organization is essential to achieving results. This extends to external relationships with advisors, investors, and other stakeholders and the right candidate will feel comfortable engaging with others on behalf of the company.
Resourceful and Adaptable: There will be times when the leader of the accounting team is faced with situations that challenge the status-quo - a new policy, an urgent unforeseen event, an acquisition of a new subsidiary, and so on. The right candidate will have the ability to confidently assess the situation, develop a plan and execute what is required even if the circumstances are challenging and unfamiliar to them.
Commercial Mindset: In order to fully understand, produce and communicate financial information, the Financial Controller will have to understand how our business operates. The right candidate will enjoy learning our business model and be able to go deeper than the debits and the credits, understanding key performance drivers and being able to confidently translate contracts and agreements into accounting entries.
Managing and Developing High Performing Teams: With a large scope of work and often with competing priorities, the right candidate will know where to focus their time and effort directly and how to delegate to, and supervise, others on their team. The right candidate will also be someone who motivates with a positive attitude, enjoys genuine engagement with their direct and indirect reports, and provide plans and direction for their team’s career development.
Experience and Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or a related field and/or MBA
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Experience in the role of Financial Controller, or equivalent, at a medium-to-large sized private company with subsidiaries requiring intercompany consolidation (experience with international subsidiaries would be a strong differentiator)
- Deep knowledge of how to manage an accounting / ERP software platform including ownership of access controls, posting activity, report generation, account reconciliations and so on (experience with Sage Intacct and with migrating entities to new accounting platforms would be a strong differentiator)
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) including complex revenue recognition and expense accounting
Compensation and Benefits
- Highly competitive base salary plus potential for year-end individual and company bonuses
- Company-sponsored health insurance with company-funded HSA contributions
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Company-paid life and short-term disability insurance
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunities to attend major global sports and entertainment events (travel related to the position itself is minimal)