Pro Volleyball Federation (www.ProVolleyball.com) is REAL pro volleyball and the premier women’s professional volleyball league in North America. Pro Volleyball Federation will begin play in February 2024 with world class players and coaches, including some of America’s greatest volleyball players and great players from around the world. Pro Volleyball Federation is making history by becoming the first professional volleyball league in the United States that provides opportunities for players to stay home and play professionally while making a real living wage.
Pro Volleyball Federation is will start in eight markets throughout the United States, with its inaugural season launching in February 2024. We are hiring League and team staff interested in applying their skills within an exciting new environment where they can help build what will become the preeminent women's professional sports league in North America.
Numerous teams in Pro Volleyball Federation teams are seeking dynamic leaders to oversee the growth and development of their organizations. The Vice President, Ticket Sales is a senior leader within the organization. This role will lead all areas of the ticketing department: Premium, Membership Services, Membership Sales, Group Sales, and Ticket Operations in maximizing ticketing revenue and initiatives. The Vice President, Ticket Sales must combine a passion for innovation, a sales orientation, sensibility and strong collaboration, great leadership, and interpersonal skills. The candidate must understand complex selling concepts and possess the ability to work effectively as the leader of a high-level sales team and be able to build consensus with internal stakeholders within the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage annual business plan to achieve desired results including revenue goals, inventory management, pricing, product mix, etc.
- Ensure ticketing team meets or exceeds established revenue goals
- Proactively identify, recommend, and implement revenue and ticketing strategies
- Establish all systems, structures, and reports for the department, including various ticket sales reports (daily, weekly, season, per-game, etc.)
- Directly manage ticketing team by setting and reviewing performance objectives, touchpoint targets and revenue objectives, coaching, motivating, mentoring, and training
- Manage departmental budget, forecasting, and resources
- Maximize revenue by creating premium seating concepts, developing sales and marketing strategies, recruiting and empowering sales team, and building strong organizational and high-performance culture
- Develop presentations and strategies that will lead to building and maintaining lasting relationships that will generate and increased revenues and profits
- Lead all ticketing operations, including ticket distribution, game day box office liaison, etc.
- Build and maintain list of corporate and private contacts and prospects.
- Establish and execute season ticket/membership sales program
- Establish and execute single-game ticket sales program
- Establish and execute group ticket sales program
- Establish system to maintain high quality relationship with season ticket holders
- Work with Director of Marketing and Community Relations to establish program for limited ticket giveaways during promotional events
- Work with Director of Marketing and Community Relations relative to his/her establishing of a grassroots community relations program/calendar
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and energetic executive with strong experience in successfully leading and managing ticket sales teams and exceeding revenue goals in a fast-paced sports environment. Candidate should have a consistent record of prospecting and closing ticket sales opportunities and should be a strong collaborator that takes pride in being a great teammate. To be highly considered, please make sure resume and other application materials demonstrate success in these areas.
Background, Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated history of successful ticket sales experience
- Demonstrated history of leading ticket sales teams
- Minimum of five years related experience in ticket sales, with progressive revenue and management responsibilities
- Must possess a significant experience in working with ticketing systems
- Ability to work with aggressive sales goals and manage several projects concurrent
- Ability to find opportunities, develop strategies and develop creative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Deep-running passion for sports
- Proactive, high energetic approach and drive to sell
- Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to motivate, lead and bring diverse groups together to work on and complete projects
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business
- Due to the nature of this industry, the candidate must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weeknights, select weekends, and holidays
This is a full-time and is eligible for our competitive benefit offerings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.