Pro Volleyball Federation (www.ProVolleyball.com) is REAL pro volleyball and the premier women’s professional volleyball league in North America. Pro Volleyball Federation will begin play in February 2024 with world class players and coaches, including some of America’s greatest volleyball players and great players from around the world. Pro Volleyball Federation is making history by becoming the first professional volleyball league in the United States that provides opportunities for players to stay home and play professionally while making a real living wage.
Pro Volleyball Federation is will start in eight markets throughout the United States, with its inaugural season launching in February 2024. We are hiring League and team staff interested in applying their skills within an exciting new environment where they can help build what will become the preeminent women's professional sports league in North America.
Numerous teams in Pro Volleyball Federation are seeking dynamic leaders to oversee the growth and development of their organizations. The President is the senior leader of the team and is responsible for strategic leadership within the organization, working with ownership to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans, and policies. The President provides direction both on and off the court. The President oversees the affairs of the team and all of its day-to-day operations, including business operations and volleyball operations. The President reports to the ownership group and keeps ownership informed of team activities, financial standing, business initiatives, and volleyball operations initiatives. The President also has hiring responsibilities and is relied upon to build the front office staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with ownership to establish team budgets and implement tools necessary for proper accounting and reporting procedures
- Identify, place, train, and direct all senior business operations staff, including Chief Revenue Officer, Vice President of Ticket Sales, and Vice President of Marketing and Community Relations
- Establish and maintain proper systems, structures, and reporting (SSR) operations
- Process and distribute all team reports and other business documents and updates as directed by ownership
- Lead the building of organization’s Medical Team and administer team medical care delivery system
- Work with ownership to establish and execute team and staff payroll procedures
- Work with ownership to establish and execute systems for accounts payable and receivable
- Establish an organization of achievement that constantly raises the bar and presses the towards a higher level of accomplishment
- Provide oversight of the sales and marketing staff, including approving all corporate partnership agreements
- Assist in negotiating major partnerships, including medical, local broadcast, and other significant business partnerships
- Lead the establishment media partnerships (radio, TV, print, etc.)
- Work with ownership to institute budgetary guidelines as it relates to business operations and volleyball operations expenses
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of an organized team merchandise program
- Serve as an ambassador and spokesperson of the team in advertising and public relations programs
- Serve as the team’s liaison with the arena, specifically communicating on a weekly basis with arena management as it relates to settlements, game operations issues, etc.
- Represent the team at all league functions, including league meetings, conference calls, etc.
- Work with the Head Coach to institute budgetary guidelines as it relates to equipment ordering, player payroll, player housing, team travel, and other volleyball operations expenditures
- Work with Head Coach to document all player contracts and player personnel transactions with league office
- Work with ownership as it relates to implementation of league policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Work with Vice President of Marketing and Community Relations team’s promotional and advertising plans and materials
- Oversee game day presentations and the execution of game day scripts
- Maintain all staff personnel records and files
The ideal candidate will be an innovative, visionary leader who has the personality, self-awareness, commitment, and ability to communicate in a concise and confident manner across a broad range of audiences. The ideal candidate will also be a mature, strong, energetic, and creative leader who will build on the ownership group's standard for excellence and provide strategic direction while embracing opportunities for new initiatives and entrepreneurial development. The candidate should have an engaging and public persona, the vision, plus the technological, business, sales, marketing and communication expertise to grow fan engagement through various constituent channels and age groups. Candidate should have a consistent record of successfully leading and managing sports organizations and the ability to creatively grow revenue while also providing best-in-class service to all constituent groups. Candidate should be a strong collaborator that takes pride in being a great leader and teammate. To be highly considered, please make sure resume and other application materials demonstrate success in these areas.
Background, Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to attract, motivate and retain the very best talent available, creating a culture that fosters great performance and positive morale
- Minimum of 10 years in a sports management role at a team or league level
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; ability to work well within a matrixes environment
- Strong leadership and decision-making abilities, able to inspire and lead a team
- Strong presentation and persuasion skills
- Ability to build relationships with senior executives within current and future partners, and also with senior level executives within the organization
- Experience in sponsorship, marketing, media, brand management and/or consumer promotions
- Demonstrated ability to lead the organization’s strategic planning efforts and budgetary prioritization
- An effective leader with the breadth of capabilities to lead both internal operational work and external relationships and business development
- Understand and develop a broad array of business functions, interrelations to drive efficiency, growth and revenues, budgetary and management of a multi-million dollar budget
- A proven ability to drive efficient operations that gets the most out of provided resources while achieving quality results, continually focusing on business and volleyball operations in order to maximize ongoing performance
- Ability to find opportunities, develop strategies and develop creative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Deep-running passion for sports and sponsorship
- Proactive, high energetic approach and drive
- Demonstrated dedication with the ability to lead projects from origin through execution
- Ability to lead, contribute and thrive in a fast-growing, dynamic environment.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with hands-on approach towards business
- Due to the nature of this industry, the candidate must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weeknights, select weekends, and holidays
This is a full-time and is eligible for our competitive benefit offerings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.