Pro Volleyball Federation (www.ProVolleyball.com) is REAL pro volleyball and the premier women’s professional volleyball league in North America. Pro Volleyball Federation will begin play in February 2024 with world class players and coaches, including some of America’s greatest volleyball players and great players from around the world. Pro Volleyball Federation is making history by becoming the first professional volleyball league in the United States that provides opportunities for players to stay home and play professionally while making a real living wage.
Pro Volleyball Federation is will start in eight markets throughout the United States, with its inaugural season launching in February 2024. We are hiring League and team staff interested in applying their skills within an exciting new environment where they can help build what will become the preeminent women's professional sports league in North America.
The Vice President, Brand Alliances for Pro Volleyball Federation will be responsible for strategizing, building, and executing an end-to-end partnership sales and retention strategy from short-term to long-term for the League. This position will build and implement the League's corporate partnership strategy and cultivate c-level relationships to bring value and profitability to grow Pro Volleyball Federation's relevance, engage fans, and maximize enterprise revenue.
- Prospect, develop, and sell new integrated corporate partnerships to accomplish the League's sales and revenue goals
- Develop deep, meaningful relationships with national decision makers at brands that lead to long-term partnerships supporting Pro Volleyball Federation, its teams, and other strategic priorities for the League
- Deliver strategic sales presentations and tailored business solutions to senior-level executives at prospective clients and agencies, while incorporating media, integrated platforms, and other benefits into such opportunities
- Engage and collaborate with the League's senior leadership to close deals that deliver value beyond monetary benefit
- Negotiate sponsorship deals from conversation inception to final contract
- Create and effectively maintain reporting documents in an organized manner
- Develop and track new revenue pipeline to present to senior leadership on a weekly/monthly basis
- Develop innovative platforms and programs that enhance the fan journey and drive incremental revenue for Pro Volleyball Federation
- Take leadership in the creation of sales materials
- Attend industry networking and promotional events to develop and maintain contact with potential clients and professional partners
Provide day-to-day oversight and take a team sales approach with sales staff to help those individuals meet and exceed annual performance goals
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and energetic executive with strong experience in successfully closing national-level corporate partnerships and exceeding revenue goals in a sports environment. Candidate should have a consistent record of success with partnering with blue chip brands and should be a strong collaborator that takes pride in being a great teammate. To be highly considered, please make sure resume and other application materials demonstrate success in these areas.
Background, Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated history of successfully leading teams and closing lucrative sponsorship deals
- 50+ existing “decision maker” brand contacts at the national level and agency relationships
- Knowledge of sports and entertainment sponsorship, including promotions, events, media, and contracts
- Demonstrated ability to take a client through the entire sales funnel, from lead generation to closing
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment and form strong relationships with colleagues, clients, agencies, and sports organizations
- Ability to navigate and collaborate with counterparts in other functional areas, including, but not limited to, other departments that require meaningful interaction including Marketing, Communications, Media, Digital, Team Services, Legal, and Finance
- Proven experience managing and motivating a team
- Superior business and negotiating skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with the development and execution of dynamic and effective platforms
- Familiarity with the standard demographic research & analytics tools (i.e., Scarborough, YouGov, MRI-Simmons, etc.) and ability to derive insights from the data
- High-level commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity, and compliance
- Self-starter, but team player with the ability to work against both aggressive individual and department sales goals
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated decision making and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Deep-running passion for sports and sponsorship
- Proactive, high energetic approach and drive to sell
- Ability to lead, contribute and thrive in a fast-growing, dynamic environment
- Due to the nature of this industry, the candidate must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weeknights, select weekends, and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.