The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) is a men’s professional lacrosse league in North America, composed of 8 teams rostered with the best players in the world. Co-founded by lacrosse superstar Paul Rabil and his brother, serial entrepreneur and investor, Mike Rabil, the Premier Lacrosse League is backed by an investment group composed of Joe Tsai Sports, Brett Jefferson Holdings, The Raine Group, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), and other top investors in sports and media. The PLL season is distributed through an exclusive media-rights agreement with NBC Sports Group. For more information, visit www.premierlacrosseleague.com and follow on social media: Instagram (@PLL), Twitter (@PremierLacrosse), Facebook (@PremierLacrosseLeague) and YouTube (YouTube.com/PLL).
- Stay grounded
- Think critically
- Encourage creativity
- Persevere through the noise
- Operate like an owner
- Be helpful
The PLL is seeking a Project Manager to support the organization and execution of key internal initiatives. The Project Manager will work cross-functionally across teams - with a focus on media and marketing - to execute league announcements, external campaigns, and other media and fan-focused initiatives. The Project Manager will report directly to the PLL’s Director of Content, and will behave as the communicative thread between content, production, marketing, product, and other integrated business units. Daily responsibilities will involve maintaining project management software, managing meeting schedules, setting meeting agendas, relaying meeting information, managing team calendars, setting and managing deadlines, communicating updates and blockers across departments, and ensuring timely completion of tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure the PLL’s media and marketing campaigns are executed in an organized, timely, and efficient manner; create and maintain a deadline-driven culture while providing space for the PLL’s creative teams to focus on creative ideation and storytelling
- Manage the media and marketing teams’ project management software, Asana, including project creation, task creation, task assignments, deadline setting and adjustments, and ongoing maintenance of the platform
- Work with the PLL’s Director of Content to ensure project deadlines reflect the dynamic / moving nature of the PLL’s content calendar and initiatives
- Work cross-functionally across department leaders to understand personnel bandwidth and drive effective delegation of project assignments and tasks
- Set cross-functional kick-off and follow-up meetings; manage campaign and project calendars in Google Calendars
- Create and disseminate meeting agendas and lead meetings when required
- Create follow-ups from meetings, including assignments, deliverables, and general notes
- Create and manage slack channels for projects and campaigns
- Develop and iterate on project management processes to match the changing needs of the PLL
- Report on projects in a metric-driven manner to identify blockers, resource shortages, and overall operating efficiency of the team
- Minimum Bachelor’s of Arts degree requirement
- Minimum 3 years experience professional experience and at least 1 year in a project management role
- Understanding of project management software, with a background working in at least one project management software (Asana, Basecamp, Trello, etc)
- Demonstrates “A” level organization and exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Background in working across Google Suite - with specific understanding of Google Calendars, Google Docs, and Gmail
- Leadership experience with the ability to lead organized and effective meetings
- Experience in organizing a team and delegating tasks and assignments
- Great problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional time management skills
- Understanding of sports media and marketing preferred
We require Covid-19 vaccination. We will consider reasonable accommodations only for valid and documented medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.