The Premier Lacrosse League (PLL) is a men’s professional lacrosse league in North America, composed of 8 teams with the best players in the world. Co-founded by lacrosse superstar Paul Rabil and his brother, serial entrepreneur and investor, Mike Rabil, the Premier Lacrosse League is backed by an investment group composed of The Chernin Group (TCG), Joe Tsai Sports, Brett Jefferson Holdings, The Raine Group, WWE, 35 Ventures, Creative Artists Agency (CAA), and other top investors in sports and media. For more information, visit www.premierlacrosseleague.com
and follow on social media: Instagram (@PLL), Twitter (@PremierLacrosse), Facebook (@PremierLacrosseLeague) and YouTube (YouTube.com/PLL
1) Stay grounded
2) Think critically
3) Encourage creativity
4) Persevere through the noise
5) Operate like an owner
6) Be helpful
The PLL is seeking an Executive Assistant/Office Manager to join our two person People Operations team. The role will manage the schedules of our two Co-Founders, as well as serve in the upkeep and general function of our offices. This role will require an in-office presence in our new Torrance, CA HQ, in addition to remotely managing our satellite office in NY. Our people are so very important to us, this role will serve to improve their workday by finding ways to surprise and delight.
- Greet guests and create a welcoming environment for all employees
- Oversee the LA and NY offices; internal and external communication, upkeep, cleanliness, ordering and stock of all snacks, drinks, kitchen, and office supplies
- Support PLL’s technology needs for LA and NY offices, including system oversight, vendor management and troubleshooting
- Act as a liaison with the building management on any suite + storage needs (e.g., key cards and access, maintenance, etc.)
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail and packages
- Coordination of all office functions including weekly meetings, off-sites, catering, celebrations, holidays, milestones, decorations, etc.
- Prepare desks and stations for new hires with welcome bag, name tag, and building access cards
- Assist in HR and payroll paperwork
- Establish and maintain constant communication with property management (LA + NY offices)
- Manage and maintain CEO and President’s calendar including scheduling appointments, internal and external meetings, and conference calls
- Assist CEO and President with travel itineraries, flights, hotel accommodations, rental cars, and other travel needs
- Provide administrative support to CEO and President to increase availability for executive level responsibilities
- Act as a gatekeeper for CEO and President’s schedules
- Serve as liaison with internal staff at all levels
Operational Workflow - In the seat of Office Manager, you’ll have a wide view of the office as a whole and the way teams work internally and externally. You’ll use this insight to impact the way that work happens, keeping work flowing properly and making everyone’s job easier.
- Create a budget for quarterly spending for the front office. Collaborate with the finance team and look at the last quarter's total revenue and expenses. Use a spreadsheet tool and aim to optimize savings.
Gatekeeper for CEO and President’s Schedules
- Schedule meetings as necessary while ensuring availability aligns with employees' schedules. Use Google Cal to organize and share meeting information with both partners and employees. Update the calendars with any known events, appointments, and meetings.
- Use prioritization skills to complete high-importance tasks before working on low-importance tasks.
Enhanced Company Culture - You’ll rethink office amenities, integrate activities into the workday and make gestures that keep people around for the long-term. You’ll have the potential to put your own stamp on the workplace and make the office a better place. The bigger you think, the larger the potential impact.
- Create onboarding activities and events for new hires. Make training materials and distribute them to new employees. Contribute to the decrease of turnover rate and increase of onboarding satisfaction.
- Ensure new employees complete their onboarding training, create company logins and complete documentation. Make sure that 100% of new hires return their completed tax forms to the People Ops Generalist.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2 years in an office manager, executive assistant, PM or HR role
- Administrative experience supporting fast-paced executives is a great plus
- Strong ability to think critically and problem-solve in the tone of the company
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills, high EQ
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Our formula for amazing communication is “Concise and Precise”
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Self-starter with ability to follow through without supervision and manage multiple projects
- Able to prioritize competing requests and manage busy schedules
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated initiative
- You care about doing a good job and about the people around you
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe, and G-Suite
- High level of professionalism and a strong ability to relate to people of all business levels
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, kneeling
- Some lifting and varying up to 50lbs
- Team Player - Our team steps up for one another when needed and are highly motivated by helping each other
- Goal-Oriented Achiever - we strive for our best every day. Our best might change day to day, but if you’re happy with the bare minimum, let's go our separate ways
- Detail Oriented - you treat your work like you’re the final voice and the full owner. We’re proud to have our name on our work, we hope you will be too
- Tenacious - you bring a unique lens. You push back when needed to protect your focus of the business
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be willing to work in our beautiful new Torrance, CA headquarters
- Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment
- Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols
- Based on the candidate’s experience, seniority, and location
- $65,000 to $75,000 annually
- The total compensation package includes Annual Bonus, Health, Life, Dental, and Vision Insurance, 401(k) plan, Equity Sharing, Mental Health Stipend, Unlimited PTO, and Paid Parental Leave
We require Covid-19 vaccination. We will consider reasonable accommodations only for valid and documented medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.