Partnership Manager - Portland with Positive Coaching Alliance in Portland, OR
Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) (www.positivecoach.org) is a national nonprofit organization founded at the Stanford University Department of Athletics in 1998. PCA provides training to coaches, parents, youth athletes, and youth sports organization leaders on how to use the youth sports experience to teach young athletes positive character traits and "life lessons” and to develop not only Better Athletes but more importantly Better People! Through partnerships with more than 3,000 schools and youth sports organizations (YSOs), PCA has conducted 18,000+ workshops for leaders, coaches, parents and athletes on using sports to teach life lessons. PCA is headquartered in Mountain View (CA), with Chapters in Chicago, Central Texas, Colorado, Hawaii, Houston, Los Angeles, Minnesota, New England, New York City, North Texas, Phoenix, Portland, Sacramento, Seattle, SF Bay Area, Tampa Bay and Washington D.C and soon to open Chapters in Atlanta, Kansas City and Miami. Additionally, PCA has sales office in Philadelphia.
The Partnership Manager – Portland is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, developing and closing partnership opportunities in Oregon (and southwestern WA). Key in this process is demonstrating the value of PCA programs for youth sport organizations (YSOs) and schools, resulting in an increased PCA Partnership base. The Partnership Manager – Portland will report to the Chapter Executive Director – Portland and the National Director of Partner Development.
- Sales focused: Successful Sales/Business Development experience in service industry
- Strong cold calling, negotiating and closing skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Confident presentation skills (phone and in person, including board presentations)
- Strong organizational skills: Must be able to multi-task effectively and have strong time management skills
- Conceptual selling skill is a plus; Must understand the products and position them with prospects
- Proven initiative/self-starter
- Passion for the PCA mission
- Requires occasional travel, week night and weekend work
- Coaching or other experience with youth sports is strongly desirable
- Strong computer skills
- College degree a plus
- Prospect for partnership leads (New partners will make up over 50% of overall sales)
- Identify key decision makers and the approval process within organizations
- Add quality prospects to existing pipeline on a weekly basis, requiring cold outreach
- Present PCA service options in multiple settings, including board meetings
- Negotiate and close partnerships with YSOs and Schools
- Maintain pro-active relationship with all Partners & Clients
- Foster high level of morale & commitment towards PCA
- Represent PCA at special events and PR opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Base salary, plus commission and bonus structure
- Salary commensurate with experience
- There is no cap on commission
PCA provides competitive benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision
- 12 days of vacation starting first year
- 11 holidays a year
- 403(b) retirement plan
How did you hear about this job?
What interests you about this position?
Why are you passionate about the PCA mission?
YES/NO: I have 1-2 years of previous sales experience. If YES, please describe. How much revenue did you generate?
YES/NO: I aspire to be a sales professional. IF YES, what interests you about sales?
YES/NO: I have participated in youth sports as a player. If YES, in which sports and at what levels?
YES/NO: I have previous coaching experience in youth sports. If YES, please describe.
YES/NO: I have previous experience using CRM systems. If YES, please describe.
YES/NO: I have previous experience working with non-profits. If YES, please describe.
Please describe your connection to the local community. If applicable, please include any membership organizations you are involved in.
Why are you right for this position?