Would you like to join the Positive Coaching Alliance?
Here's your chance to view, apply and be notified of the best positions with the Positive Coaching Alliance.
If you are interested in working for a participating Positive Coaching Alliance, please apply for a job under the categories below. When a job gets posted, in order to be considered, you must apply online.
Please fill out your profile as completely as possible as incomplete records will not be considered.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Partnership Manager - Colorado
Want to make a difference in the lives of youth athletes? Help create Better Athletes, Better People by bringing the Positive Coaching Alliance message to coaches, parents and athletes in the Colorado region.
Position: Partnership Manager – Colorado (CO)
About Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA):
Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) (www.positivecoach.org) is a national nonprofit organization founded at the Stanford University Department of Athletics in 1998 committed to creating a Development Zone™ culture in high school and youth sports where the goal becomes to develop Better Athletes, Better People. PCA takes a systems approach to work with youth sports leaders, coaches, parents and athletes to use the youth sports experience to teach young athletes positive character traits and life lessons.
Through partnerships with more than 3,000 schools and youth sports organizations (YSOs), PCA has conducted 15,000+ live workshops for leaders, coaches, parents and athletes (more than 2,200 live workshops in 2015 alone).
PCA is headquartered in Mountain View (CA), with 17 Chapters in Central Texas, Chicago, Cleveland, Colorado, Hawaii, Houston, Los Angeles, Minnesota, New England, New York City, North Texas, Phoenix, Portland (OR), Sacramento, Seattle, SF Bay Area, and Tampa Bay and soon to open Chapters in Atlanta and DC.
The Partnership Manager – Colorado is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, developing and closing partnership opportunities in the Colorado area. Key in this process is demonstrating the value of PCA programs for youth sport organizations (YSOs) and schools, resulting in an increased PCA Partnership base. The Partnership Manager – Colorado will report to the Chapter Executive Director – Colorado and the National Director of Partner Development.
- Sales focused: Successful Sales/Business Development experience a plus
- Strong cold calling, negotiating and closing skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding presentation skills (phone and in person, including board presentations)
- Strong organizational skills: Must have strong time management skills
- Quick learner: Must understand the products and how to position them with prospects
- Comfortable challenging the status quo with prospects
- Proven initiative/self-starter
- Independent problem-solver
- Passion for the PCA mission
- Requires occasional travel, week night and weekend work
- Coaching or other experience with youth sports is desirable
- Strong computer skills; experience with a CRM program a plus
- College degree a plus
Partnership Development Responsibilities; Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prospect for partnership leads (New partners will make up over 75% of overall sales)
- Identify key decision makers and the approval process within organizations
- Add quality prospects to existing pipeline on a weekly basis, requiring cold outreach
- Present PCA service options in multiple settings, including board meetings
- Negotiate and close partnerships with YSOs and Schools
- Maintain pro-active relationship with all Partners & Clients
- Foster high level of morale & commitment towards PCA
- Represent PCA at special events and PR opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
- Base salary, plus commission and bonus structure with expected total compensation at goal to be between $50,000-$55,000 in year one
- Base Salary commensurate with experience
- There is no cap on commission
PCA provides competitive benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision
- 12 days of vacation and 12 sick days starting first year
- 11 holidays a year
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Long Term disability
How did you hear about this job?
What interests you about this position?
YES/NO: I have 1-2 years of previous sales experience. If YES, please describe. How much revenue did you generate?
YES/NO: I have previous coaching experience in youth sports. If YES, please describe.
YES/NO: I have participated in youth sports as a player. If YES, in which sports and at what levels?
Please describe your connection to the local community. If applicable, please include any membership organizations you are involved in.
YES/NO: I aspire to be a sales professional. IF YES, what interests you about sales?
YES/NO: I have previous experience using CRM systems. If YES, please describe.
YES/NO: I have previous experience working with non-profits. If YES, please describe.
Why are you passionate about the PCA mission?
Why are you right for this position?