Executive Assistant - SF Bay Area with Positive Coaching Alliance in Mountain View · CA
Positive Coaching Alliance jobs
Sports Jobs in Mountain View · CA
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Want to make a difference in the lives of youth athletes? Help create Better Athletes, Better People by bringing the Positive Coaching Alliance message to coaches, parents and athletes in the SF Bay Area?
About Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA):
Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) develops BETTER ATHLETES, BETTER PEOPLE through resources for youth and high school sports coaches, parents, administrators and student-athletes. PCA has partnered with roughly 3,500 schools and youth sports organizations nationwide to deliver live group workshops, online courses and books by PCA Founder Jim Thompson that help those involved in youth and high school sports create a positive, character-building youth sports culture.
- CA resources, which have reached more than 8.6 million youth, strive to transform high school and youth sports into a Development ZoneTM culture, where the goal is to develop Better Athletes, Better People and the following become the prevailing models in youth and high school sports:
- The Double-Goal Coach®, who strives to win while also pursuing the more important goal of teaching life lessons through sports
- The Second-Goal Parent®, who concentrates on life lessons, while letting coaches and athletes focus on competing
- The Triple-Impact Competitor®, who strives to impact sport by improving oneself, teammates and the game as a whole.
PCA gains support from a National Advisory Board, including National Spokesperson and 11-time NBA Champion Coach Phil Jackson, and many other top coaches, athletes, organization leaders and academics who share PCA’s mission.
PCA is searching for an experienced, reliable and task oriented Executive Assistant/Chief of Staff who will be a valuable contributor to the daily running of the PCA office interfacing with staff, the Board of Directors, the Executive and Leadership teams, funders, partners and other stakeholders. The ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of an evolving organization and have hands-on experience with non-profits, strategy, business development, project management and should exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills as well as organizational agility to prioritize tasks and to influence decisions and impact change. Duties include, but not limited to:
- Serve as trusted adviser to and represent the CEO in carrying out the PCA mission.
- Organize and prioritize critical issues and ensure required information is synthesized and streamlined effectively for the executives to facilitate efficient decision making.
- Act as a point of contact, coordinate executive communication and manage key relationships between top management and other stakeholders which include, but are not limited to partners, donors, board of directors, remote and local staff.
- Oversee all related documentation for Board of Directors meetings and related Board development activities.
- Manage agendas, prepare presentation materials, record meeting minutes and action items for cross-team staff meetings, and ensure all stakeholders are aware of next steps, action items and responsibilities.
- Schedule meetings and appointments; assist in managing travel itineraries.
- Process and submit CEO’s expense reports
- Possibly assist with development activities and correspondences
- Miscellaneous duties/projects as assigned
- Strong organizational, analytical, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Team Player with ability to participate in cross-functional teams and interact with all levels of the organization, but also able to work independently.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with friendly and professional demeanor.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and adhere to schedules
- Detail oriented with exceptional follow-through.
- Proficient with technology including G- Suite (Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Shared Drive), Microsoft Office, Project Management software, and knowledge of Salesforce is an advantage.
- Passion for the PCA mission
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a similar role reporting directly to senior management preferably in a non-profit organization.
(Please note: Relocation is not offered for this position. If you are an applicant from outside of Northern California -- and are coming to the SF Bay Area regardless -- please state that specifically in your application. Otherwise, we will not consider out-of-state applications for this role. Thank you).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?