The premier bull riding organization in the world began as a dream 27 years ago when 20 top professional bull riders broke away from rodeo and created a circuit for bull riders only. In little more than two decades, the dream of those 20 bull riders has become a global sports phenomenon. PBR broadcasts reach more than half a billion households in 50 nations and territories around the world, and more than 2.5 million fans attend live events each year worldwide. In May 2015, PBR was acquired by ENDEAVOR (formerly WME | IMG), the global leader in sports, entertainment, media and fashion. Operating in more than 25 countries around the world, the company specializes in talent representation; commercial marketing and endorsements; brand strategy, activation and licensing; media production and distribution; and event management.
PBR is seeking a talented video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that amplifies the brand’s image and is suitable for broadcasting on multiple platforms. Ultimately, we are seeking a person with the ability to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Tell long and short form stories through assembling initial cuts for projects across all of our major initiatives, making the necessary creative decisions to craft Rough Cuts, and collaborate with the team on bringing projects ultimately to Final Cut
- Bring PBR content to life with dynamic sound design, graphics, music, and dialogue editing/mixing
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on value and contribution to continuity
- Conceptualize and cut engaging promotional videos
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Maintain best practices with our Post Production workflow and file management systems
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications, Broadcast Media or Digital Cinema preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in video editing, preferably in the sports and entertainment arena in a customer or client service capacity
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
- Ability to accomplish audio and video sweetening in a fast-pace environment
- Create and effectively tell a story through editing techniques
- Superior project management, organizational, prioritization, and follow-up skills
- Offer innovative and creative ideas that deliver on business objectives
- Enthusiastic, solution-oriented team player
- Ability to adapt easily to rapidly changing conditions associated with an internationally televised sports entertainment environment
- Ability to shoot and function as a “preditor” is a plus
- Normal business hours 8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Position is may be based out of Pueblo, CO
- Valid Driver’s license required
- Frequent travel required incl. event weekends (up to 10%)
- Medical/Dental/Vision/STD-LTD/Life Insurance/401K
- Company provided items, e.g., Laptop, Professional Camera, Company Phone & Credit Card
- Company paid Per Diem
- Up to 3 Weeks’ Vacation
- Up to 11 Company Holidays
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.