The premier bull riding organization in the world began as a dream of 20 bull riders 27 years ago when the riders broke away from the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association and started a circuit for bull riders only. In little more than just two decades, the dream of those 20 bull riders has become a global sports phenomenon. PBR broadcasts reach more than half a billion households in 50 nations and territories around the world, and more than 2.5 million fans attend live events each year. In May 2015, PBR was acquired by WME | IMG, the global leader in sports, entertainment, media and fashion. Operating in more than 25 countries around the world, the company specializes in talent representation; commercial marketing and endorsements; brand strategy, activation and licensing; media production and distribution; and event management.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is energetic and an intuitive marketing, media and sales strategist with exceptional leadership and communication skills. Proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate new and existing revenue streams. He or She will be experienced in strategic marketing planning, branding, and business development. As well as be adept in online and traditional marketing, and highly skilled in visual communications.
This individual will have significant impact in growing the profitability of assigned events as well as driving corporate performance and revenue for the PBR. The Director of Marketing will have oversight and responsibility over all aspects of live event revenue streams. In addition to being tasked with planning, executing, and leading a team to achieve PBR’s objective of driving profitable revenue growth, He or She will have duties including, but not limited to: outreach to community leaders and businesses, maximizing PBR’s presence in the market in driving audience demographic exposure, increasing ticket sales, sponsorship and non-traditional revenue streams, develop, budget, implement, and administer business plans for assigned events, cultivate, manage and grow new and existing relationships that will drive the overall profitability of assigned events.
This position reports to the Vice President of Event Marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be proficient in fluently reading and speaking the Spanish language
- Provide strategic oversight and leadership to increase profitability for the Las Vegas region as well as meeting/exceeding budget expectations
- Develop, present and execute a comprehensive and clearly defined revenue based business plans that accelerate and achieve aggressive, profitable revenue goals
- Execute a comprehensive marketing, media and promotional plan that utilizes, leverages and maximizes the following: research, media planning and buying, media/3rd party/partnership/sponsor/community promotions, PBR internal assets such as social, digital, live event, editorial and TV
- Evaluation of all aspects of live event revenue and ROMI including but not limited to: marketing, advertising, promotion and earned media, research, ticket scaling, sponsorship and sales, non-traditional revenue and third party partners
- Research, review, identify and establish new and existing contacts and opportunities to drive incremental revenue
- Develop strong relationships with new and potential sponsors to maximize marketability, activation, and usage of PBR intellectual rights
- Prospect, pitch and close local sponsorship/partnership business
- Act as PBR’s ambassador and advocate and fully integrate with community to leverage and maximize all opportunities for PBR
- Work cross divisionally with internal teams (including Sales, Creative, Digital and Social Media, Public Relations, Special Events, TV, Loyalty Marketing, Ticketing, Merchandise, and Finance/Accounting) to ensure maximization of internal resources for event marketing and sales campaigns
- Establish and maintain key deadlines
- Work with Finance/Accounting to manage event budgets and drive cost efficiencies
- Forecast revenue projections, perform risk analysis, and manage costs with the marquee events marketing budgets
- Adept in adaptability and change management
- Maintain key metrics and provide weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to company senior leaders
- Additional events, projects and duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
- Experience in developing and executing strategic marketing plans and campaigns
- Experience developing, managing budgets and forecasting skills
- Demonstrated successful experience in making written and oral presentations as well as
- negotiating with media and partners
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows Suites (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Outlook)
- Ability to manage multiple projects with varying priority at one time –to deliver results on time and under budget
- Ticketing experience or venue box management experience – preferred
- Previous marketing and sales experience - preferred
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 5 or more years of experience
- B.A. /B.S. Marketing, Economics, Business, Journalism, Public Relations - Preferred
- Sports or Live Event Marketing - Preferred
- Medical/Dental/Vision/STD-LTD/Life Insurance/401K
- Company provided items, i.e. Lap Top - Computer/Company Phone & Credit Card
- Company paid Per Diem
- Professional Time Off and Company Wide Observed Holidays
Endeavor is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.