Responsible for management of all simulcast settlement activity and upload of transactions to the general ledger to ensure timely and accurate reporting. In addition, supervision of A/R coordinator, and review of all other A/R billing, cash receipts application, and reconciliations.
- Accountable for the performance and results of the A/R function, including supervision and review of the A/R coordinator’s daily activities;
- Maintain and reconcile accounts receivable subledger in Chrims to Great Plains;
- Communicate with simulcast settlement agents to ensure accuracy of billing/payables, collect and record cash receipts;
- Record daily commissions earned in connection with simulcast activities into Great Plains;
- Prepare monthly revenue (invoice billing) and A/R journal entries for upload into Great Plains;
- Conduct monthly bad debt review and report delinquent accounts to Director of Simulcasting and Finance management;
- Communicate with Director of Simulcasting to verify commission rates in Chrims;
- Prepare quarter-end and year-end audit documents and work with external auditors;
- Access current process flow and identify opportunities for automation.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or equivalent with two years of supervisory experience.
- Experience: Direct experience in the horse racing industry is a plus.
- Other Requirements: Knowledge and experience of related computer applications including MS Dynamics and Great Plains; Knowledge of Advanced Excel including Pivot Tables and V-Lookups
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.