The Motion Graphic Artist / Designer is responsible for development of promotional materials (video, motion graphics, animations, digital ads and some print,) within the marketing department to support campaigns and special events from ideation to final production.
The Motion Graphic Artist / Designer is responsible for creating and maintaining cutting-edge visuals for NYRA across all media, animated video packages, sales decks, print collateral, and understands digital and social platforms, etc.
The ideal candidate is a strong visual storyteller, with a thorough understanding of typography and photography. Knowledge of design and animation programs (Premiere, After Effects, Flash, Animate, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc) is mandatory. Cinema 4D or Maya skills are a plus.
The Motion Graphic Artist's responsibilities include the following:
- Create full video packages including design and animation of event logos, end cards and custom transitions.
- Catalog and organize all video footage for NYRA TV and from outside vendors
- Work with NYRA TV to obtain footage for video packages
- Understand best practices for short-form content on social platforms such as facebook, instagram and twitter
- Help art direct videographers on big event days
- Design static and animated social media posts
- Shoot video on occasion if needed
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite to help with other projects other than video
- 2+ years Animation and design experience
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite -- After Effects, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to translate content and concepts into visually descriptive, impactful designs
- Successful track record of successfully working with a diverse range of clients and team-members. Must be a strong team-player with diplomacy
- Ability to multi-task and manage tight deadlines
- Candidate must possess a natural sense of curiosity and urgency
- Commitment to excellence and attention to detail
Only candidates with portfolios, or examples of their work, will be considered
Please note this role involve being on site at both Aqueduct Racetrack and Belmont Park and working weekends and some holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.