Admissions Cashiers are responsible for the secure collection of admission fees at the entrances to the racetrack. The Admissions Cashiers position is a customer facing role and are expected assist guests with any questions they may have. This position has a very heavy emphasis on providing an exceptional guest services.
- Provides exceptional guest service according to established guidelines.
- Assists Guests in a friendly and positive manner regarding information and directions.
- Collects cash from guests, determines amount due and change required following established procedures.
- Performs routine accounting and money handling tasks related to receiving and reconciling daily cash sales.
- Projects a professional image while on the premises.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Prior cash handling experience preferred.
- Must be able to work Wednesday through Sunday including holidays starting April 27th - July 15th and September 7th - October 28th.
- Excellent oral communication skills and the ability to interact cheerfully with guests while working under considerable pressure in crowds and with difficult guests.
- Admission cashiers must maintain their stations at their booths for extended periods and engage in rapid and repetitive hand motions.
- Employees may work indoors and/or outdoors. The work environment is generally comfortable but requires sitting or standing for long periods in a small, enclosed booth even in bad weather. Some posts may be outdoors and subject to extremes of heat and cold.
- Requires excellent hand/eye co-ordination and the ability to count out change and bills, rapidly and with accuracy.
- Good listening skills and clear speech.
- Requires considerable interpersonal skill, extensive interaction with the public, requiring a high degree of appreciation of the customer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.