Would you like to join the NYRA?
If you are interested in working with us at NYRA, please apply for a job.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
- Business Intelligence Manager
The New York Racing Association, Inc.
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
Note: this job is closed to new applications.
This is a critical role for an experienced and motivated individual who will lead initiatives as they relate to providing valuable financial and business analysis to aid NYRA in increasing revenue and reducing costs. Collaborating internally with members of the finance team, business operations, IT and external consultants, this person will be responsible for understanding business requirements and translating them into insights and actions through sophisticated analyses. The incumbent must be knowledgeable in all systems and data that reside in in the data warehouse.
- Determine business solutions by interviewing internal customers; analyzing business requirements and applications; defining and analyzing data sources; validating data required; documenting requirements.
- Analyze and validate feeds to and from the data warehouse to external systems such as Great Plains.
- Develop project plans and timelines for complex cross-functional Business Intelligence projects.
- Meet with business process owners, decision makers, and end users to define the business financial operations requirements, and work with IT to design and configure the ERP to meet those requirements, or develop acceptable workaround solutions. Identify and resolve issues where ERP requirements are not being met.
- Provide customer service and support to Accounting and Finance departments during close process to ensure financial system needs are met and any troubleshooting is remediated.
- Serve as SME to determine original sources of all financial data and perform various data analyses, including analysis of wagering, ticket sales, concessions and merchandise data.
- Assist with configuration or major enhancement projects. Monitor projects through status reporting.
- Seek to engage with the business on process improvements that can be facilitated by systems functionality or systems controls.
- Review and analyze existing financial systems for effectiveness. Perform cost-benefit analysis.
- Develop or enhance financial and operational reporting tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Technology
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in a corporate reporting and data analysis environment, metrics and KPI development, ERP implementation, financial systems management and project management.
- Strong understanding of functional finance (accounting processes, budgeting, reporting), financial systems and management reporting best practices.
- Advanced computer skills required, including MS Excel (Macros, Pivot Tables, V-look ups, If Statements), MS Project, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of database applications, table relationships
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and reporting skills
- High level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to quality
- Training materials development and maintenance and training delivery skills a plus
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and listening
- Team player and change agent willing to take on all tasks, large and small
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ability to collect and transform business requirements into reporting functionality
- Ability to create and complete project deliverables and documentation in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance to meet corporate and team objectives
How did you hear about this job?