NYRA’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Compliance Officer is responsible for supervising and coordinating the company’s AML compliance functions including, but not limited to, providing leadership to relevant business units and ensuring efficient identification, monitoring and timely reporting of suspicious activities and transactions.
- Maintain and enhance NYRA’s AML compliance program by being fully knowledgeable of all relevant AML laws and regulations.File timely FinCen reports [Currency Transaction Reports -BSA E-Filing Report 112, BSA E-Filing Form 8300 and Money Services Business Registration Form- BSA E-Filing Report 107] as necessary.
- Review, evaluate, investigate and report, where appropriate, incidents of suspicious activity, and ensure that reports of suspicious activity [BSA E-Filing Report 111] are filed in a timely manner.
- Oversee employee compliance with the NYRA AML Customer Identification Program and the “Know Your Customer” Due Diligence protocols.
- Work with the Human Resources Department (and other departments as appropriate) to develop and maintain an effective NYRA AML training program, including introductory training for new employees and periodic refresher training for all employees.
- Create, maintain and update NYRA AML related policies and procedures. Update associated AML automated systems as necessary.
- Assist in identifying and reporting upon other NYRA compliance responsibilities, as required.
- Maintain all required files and registrations and respond to all law enforcement requests as directed by management.
- Compose written reports to communicate information to senior management and staff.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. JD, MBA or CPA preferred, but not required.
- Minimum eight years of experience in financial services data analysis and reporting.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience in AML or related field is a distinct advantage.
- Ability to organize and analyze multiple, complex data sets as well as strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- General understanding of AML issues and AML suspicious activity, transaction monitoring and KYC preferred.
- General understanding of racing and/ or gaming operations is a plus.
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand risks presented from a specific business model.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.