*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The New York Racing Association, Inc. seeks an attorney to work with its simulcasting and on-line gaming businesses. Primary responsibilities would include drafting and negotiating inbound and outbound licensing agreements, wagering agreements, broadcasting agreements, content rights acquisition, and advising on rights and intellectual property issues.
Collaborating internally with members of the business operations this person will be responsible for understanding business unit responsibilities and translating them into insights and actions to protect and maintain NYRA’s intellectual property, regulatory authorizations and legal rights.
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage wide range of legal agreements while minimizing business risk.
- Advise internal business clients on contract interpretation and negotiation.
- Interpret applicable gaming laws and regulations and advise internal business clients as to legal and regulatory requirements.
- Outstanding academic credentials and references, strong organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, initiative, sound judgment and strong negotiating, drafting and analytical skills.
- Collaborate closely with the legal team, internal business clients, and other business areas (including Simulcasting, TV, Finance, IT, and Marketing).
- Other projects and matters as required.
Ensures that business units understand, incorporate and follow NYRA’s Shared Values and the following Supporting Behaviors:
- Values Others
- Achieves Excellence
- Enhances the Guest Experience
- Demonstrates Business Knowledge
- Coaches and Develops (for those who supervise others)
- Motivates and Empowers (for those who supervise others)
- Education: Must have a J.D.
- Experience: 3+ years of transactional and/or intellectual property experience at a law firm or
- Other (certifications): Admission to New York State Bar
- Sports, entertainment, or gaming experience preferred but not necessary.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and reporting skills
- High level of professionalism, integrity and commitment to quality
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and listening
- Team player and change agent willing to take on all tasks, large and small
- Ability to create and complete project deliverables and documentation in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance to meet corporate and team objectives
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.