Accounting and Finance Manager with San Diego Seals in San Diego, CA
San Diego Seals jobs
Sports Jobs in San Diego, CA
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
The Accounting and Finance Manager will be responsible for the organization’s cash flow, budgeting, reporting and financial forecasting, as well as oversight of the P&L and payroll. The position will be filled by a candidate who pays meticulous attention to detail and is forward-thinking, organized and proactive. Please apply only if you meet the qualifications.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting of a professional sports team.
- Ensure an accurate presentation of monthly, quarterly and year-end statements.
- Create and implement accounting best practices.
- Present information to leadership in a timely fashion.
- Monitor trends in revenues and expenses, and alert the executive team promptly of any variances from the budget.
- Process biweekly payroll for all staff and players, and oversee benefits deductions and paid time off balances.
- Supervise team’s worker’s compensation program for staff and players.
- Manage all AP and AR, and remain current with all revenues and expenses.
- Create cash flow forecasts.
- Communicate regularly with department heads on their respective budgets and projections.
- Improve systems and procedures, and initiate best practices and corrective actions.
- Oversee employee expense reporting and process reimbursements.
- Establish and maintain fiscal records that document all organizational transactions
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or in a related field.
- Five (5) years of proven and exemplary work experience as a manager or supervisor in accounting and/or finance.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Highly proficient in accounting software, database management and Microsoft Office.
- Successful history of bookkeeping.
- Advanced understanding of local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Infectious personality, someone who brings passion and enthusiasm and shares them with coworkers.
- Strong desire to be a valuable contributor within the local community.
- Priority of integrity and ethics.
- Desire to achieve greatness as part of a larger team.
- Willingness and flexibility to work long hours, including significant responsibilities on weekends and holidays.
- Bilingual and affluent in English and Spanish.
- Previous work experience in professional sports.
- Knowledge of the National Lacrosse League and the sport of lacrosse.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?