The Account Manager will lead the service and fulfillment of contractual elements, and maintain regular communication with corporate partners. The position will be filled by a motivated candidate who has exceptional project management and organization skills. Please apply only if you meet the qualifications.
· Provide superior service and support to all corporate partners.
· Ensure proper fulfillment of all contractual elements in partner agreements.
· Create and maintain an assets calendar that includes all deliverables
· Communicate clearly, regularly and efficiently with corporate partners.
· Order and track the progress of all partner signage and elements requiring fabrication.
· Work closely with the game operations team to maximize exposure and value for partners of in-arena assets.
· Produce a content calendar with the marketing and digital team to schedule the publication and promotion of partner’s digital and media elements.
· Manage partner activation at Seals off-site community events.
· Track elements and capture photos and videos to share with partners.
· Plan special events and host corporate partners and prospects.
· Coordinate billing and accounts receivable with the finance department so partners are current on payments.
· Generate comprehensive and appealing recap decks to summarize the exposure and value for partners.
· Serve as a leader in the department in the renewal process.
· Assist with the sales process in the generation of new revenue.
· Utilize a CRM platform to maintain accurate records of communication.
· Collaborate with counterparts within the League to share best practices and develop new strategies for the Seals.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Sports Management/Administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
· Two (2) years of client services and account management experience in major league, minor league or collegiate athletics.
· A demonstrated track record of success in account management.
· Competency in CRM, with the ability to learn quickly.
· Infectious personality, someone who brings passion and enthusiasm and shares them with staff in and out of the department.
· Strong desire to be a valuable contributor within the local community.
· Priority of integrity and ethics.
· Excellent organizational skills, and a superior communicator.
· Desire to achieve greatness as part of a larger team.
· Willingness and flexibility to work long hours, including significant responsibilities on weekends and holidays.
· Bilingual and affluent in English and Spanish.
· Knowledge of the National Lacrosse League and the sport of lacrosse.
The company is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, sex, disability, national origin, religion or veteran status.