Las Vegas Lacrosse was launched on July 21, 2021, as the 15th team in the National Lacrosse League (NLL) beginning play in the Fall of 2022. The team is co-owned by Wayne Gretzky, Dustin Johnson, Steve Nash and Joe Tsai. The team will play at MGM Resorts International’s Michelob ULTRA Arena – located inside the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino.
The Vice President, Marketing, Communications & Content will report to the Chief Executive Officer and will develop and oversee the full implementation of all LVL brand, consumer and digital/content strategies and marketing platforms. S/he with be a solutions-based digital strategist developing industry-leading ticket sales efforts, social engagement, data collection and analysis, partner integration and overall ROI. S/he will work collaboratively with various other stakeholders to manage the execution of LVL’s overarching go-to market advertising, communications, and digital and social media strategies to drive revenue in tickets, partnerships and merchandise. This leader will be incredibly hands-on and entrepreneurial; a doer, who will serve as the brand steward, expert, and resource for the development of LVL’s overarching positioning, PR, community relations, and digital strategy and servicing needs throughout the organization. S/he will work collaboratively with the VP, Revenue to create platforms geared at driving season, group, suite and single game tickets online.
JOB DESCRIPTION - WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Oversee all consumer and brand marketing, PR, content, creative services, grassroots and community relations verticals within Las Vegas Lacrosse.
- Establish go-to-market advertising, digital, grassroots and communications strategies aimed at educating potential fans and driving conversion to Las Vegas Lacrosse products and platforms.
- Lead and foster the Las Vegas Lacrosse brand using authentic and organic tones that speak to the Las Vegas consumer, driving fandom and revenue.
- Proactively establish relationships with local, regional and national media outlets to publicize and promote Las Vegas Lacrosse, in an effort to drive revenue, serving as the lead PR person in the organization.
- Work in collaboration with the VP, Revenue to develop non-game day revenue streams, including the creation and execution of lacrosse camps and clinics, meeting P&L goals, while also developing increased participation with the sport of lacrosse in the Las Vegas community.
- Serve as the organization’s digital, content and technology marketing expert, bringing an entrepreneurial energy and start-up mentality, while continually challenging the status quo.
- Develop overarching digital strategy across all platforms (organic and paid) to increase follower count, engagement, video views, impressions and overall ROI.
- Work with the Las Vegas Lacrosse executive team to create a minimalistic and frictionless ticket buying experience on lasvegaslacrosse.com to drive potential ticket buyers to place season, groups, premium and single game tickets online.
- Make informed decisions utilizing digital media analytics tools and setting KPIs to guide content strategy and new product offerings.
- Create and manage Las Vegas Lacrosse’s internal email database and outbound customer journey communication strategy.
- Maintain an active relationship with the NLL, other sports leagues and technology brands to ensure that Las Vegas Lacrosse is informed of best-practices and is current on all emerging trends and offerings.
- Provide strategic insight based on market research and competitor analysis to deliver variability and dynamic planning.
CANDIDATE PROFILE – WHO YOU ARE:
- 6-8 years of professional experience working in brand and consumer marketing with an expertise in e-commerce and digital content/social media development; and a minimum of 3 years in a managerial capacity.
- Experience in website development and management with e-commerce platforms
- Strong external and internal communications writing abilities and skill sets (e.g., press releases, planning documents).
- Experience in utilizing digital analytics tools and intelligence platforms to track performance (e.g. Conviva, Social Baker, etc.).
- Familiarity with database marketing platforms (e.g. Hubspot, Salesforce, etc.).
- A solutions-based professional who takes pride in their work and their ability to impact internal and external constituents.
- A get-your-hands-dirty doer, who is excited about placing their stamp on a start-up sports and entertainment franchise.
- An individual with a strong desire to lead the production of innovative content and enjoys seeing the successful completion of a campaign that is successful for corporate partners and is engaging for fans and followers.
- An individual committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and will be thoughtful in this respect when hiring, training, and providing performance management to employees.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
May be required to travel on some occasions (<10% travel); trips may require air travel and/or overnight stay for one or more nights.
Works primarily in an office environment but upon request will be expected to attend games and other events on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Las Vegas Lacrosse, LLC not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local laws.