Sales & Marketing Internship with GF Sports in Uniondale, NY
GF Sports jobs
Sports Jobs in Uniondale, NY
Sales & Marketing Internship – New York Riptide (Uniondale, NY)
The New York Riptide of the National Lacrosse League are looking for Sales & Marketing Interns for the fall semester who will report directly to Riptide front office staff. Sales and Marketing Interns will assist with grass roots marketing events all through the tristate area, all sales initiatives, and help provide support to all departments development.
Riptide internships are part-time and give students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience in professional sports through hands on experience. To apply students must be presently enrolled in a college program. Internships are unpaid and students must be able to receive college credit.
All interns are expected to assist with general office duties as assigned by front office staff. A successful applicant will demonstrate being a leader through their current academic career, always has a team player mentality, able to multitask during different projects assigned, self-starter that can own their task, and able to take direction with confidence.
Responsible for the following duties:
- Support staff and help implement programs for lead generation
- Help plan and execute grass-roots marketing campaigns
- Involvement in all sales initiatives
- Assist with marketing and promotional campaigns
- Help provide support to all departments daily
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Able to work 20+ hours a week in office, or other events on nights and weekends
- Knowledge of the league and lacrosse experience a plus
- Exceptional work ethic, desire to succeed, professionalism, and a passion for the sports industry
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word; Adobe Photoshop and InDesign a plus
- Display strong communication skills
- Team Player Mentality
- Possess creative and strategic thinking skills
- Available beginning late August/ early September through mid-December 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Are are you eligible to receive college credits for this internship?