Albany FireWolves is a proud member the National Lacrosse League (NLL) team, playing out of the Albany Times Union Center in the fall of 2021. This professional Box Lacrosse team offers opportunities to current college level students looking to gain real world Media, Public and Community Relations experience and position themselves for a career in the Sports Industry upon graduation. Our emphasis is to provide practical experience, significant challenges, varying daily operational requirements and opportunity for creativity, resourcefulness, and excellence. This internship is available for full-time or part-time candidates, eligible to work for college credit for the spring internship season and the 2021-22 NLL season.
- Writing various press releases, media alerts and game notes
- Assisting with posts and fan engagement on all team social media platforms
- Contributing to the 2021-22 Media and Postseason Guides
- Attending and running press box at home games
- Fulfilling donation requests and player appearance forms
- Scheduling appearances of players, coaches, and team executives at all possible media outlets to help promote the team
- Scheduling appearances of players, coaches, and team executives at all possible community events
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Media, Community & Public Relations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.