The Wolf embodies many of our organization’s key values: courage, strength, loyalty and leadership. On and off the field. The FireWolves are fierce competitors, hunt together and are loyal to the pack. The Albany FireWolves organization holds the values of teamwork, competitive desire and community focus in the highest regard as we honor the heritage of lacrosse and the National Lacrosse League teams that came before us, while working to create a positive impact throughout the Capital Region.
The Gameday Stage Manager plays a vital role in ensuring the smooth execution of pre-game, in-game, halftime, and post-game entertainment for Albany FireWolves home games. As the Gameday Stage Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating and scheduling aspects of the gameday entertainment setup, timing of performances, and overseeing the gameday operations under the supervision of the Director of Game Presentation. This position oversees all elements of proper execution concerning on-field performances, in-game promotions, and fan engagement tactics for all FireWolves home games.
- Provide production and operational support to the Director of Game Presentation during all FireWolves home games
- Assist and participate during rehearsals, including soundchecks, opening introductions, in-game promotions, concourse activations, pre-game ceremonies, and group activities
- Contribute to the planning and execution of in-game promotions, halftime shows, and interactive activities encompassing fan engagement
- Coordinate with vendors, talent, players, executives, and guests to successfully execute all scripted and improvised elements as directed
- Act as primary liaison for preparing, coordinating, and executing gameday entertainment items
- Ensure that all pre-game, in-game, and post-game entertainment elements occur promptly at their pre-designated time and are executed accurately
- Ensure all performers are briefed on the timing and execution of their acts
- Maintain a detailed timeline of entertainment events, including cue points for music, announcements, and performances.
- Assist gameday staff in finding and securing contestants as required for in-game entertainment activations and promotions
- Work with the Director of Game Presentation to ensure all prizing and materials for promotions or activities is correct, present, and properly distributed/stored
- Additional duties assigned as needed
- Must be available to work ALL Albany FireWolves home games, which includes nights and weekends, beginning up to 3 hours prior to game-time
- Present yourself in a professional manner in both appearance and behavior
- Have a positive attitude and be able to manage stress in high-pressure environments
- Proactively identify and address any operational challenges that arise during gamedays
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight timelines, and work effectively within fast-paced environments
- Outstanding interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with others professionally and calmly
- Strong team player with a focus on an “above and beyond” work ethic
- Must be 18+ years of age
- Must be a United States citizen
- Must be a high school graduate (or equivalent)
- Ability to lift 40 pounds at a time
- Current college student, Bachelor’s degree, or previous experience in Sports Management, Live Event Management, TV/Film Production, or other relevant production/coordination is preferred
- Knowledge about lacrosse is preferred
- Pay Scale - $100 per game
- Complimentary tickets to Albany FireWolves home games
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.