Video Production Internship - Fall 2019 - The New York Lizards (Garden City, NY)
The New York Lizards, New York’s Major League Lacrosse team, are looking for Video Production Interns for the Fall of 2019. As the Video Production Intern, you will be responsible for assisting with the planning of all elements as it relates to video production. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, iMovie, and Illustrator. In addition, the intern should have knowledge of Camera Operation, Lighting, and Audio set-up. Interns will work both independently and in a team environment. Interns will have to work all remaining home games. Please check schedule. Lizard’s internships are part-time and allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional sports organization through hands on experience. The Lizards accept applications from students presently enrolled in a college program. Internships are unpaid and students are REQUIRED to receive college credit.
All interns, regardless of department, are expected to assist with general office duties as needed such as answering telephones, filing, mailing prizes to fans, etc. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong organizational skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to collaborate with fellow team members for the achievement of department goals.
- Responsible for shooting, editing, and creating content to be displayed on the teams website, and social media
- Produce video content like Game Day Preview and post-game highlights
- Assist in the uploading and distribution of video content to the web (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube mainly)
- Serve as a production assistant for video shoots
- Assist in the preparation of game-day elements (i.e. video features and graphical elements) as directed
- Fulfill footage requests from sponsors and in-game requests
- Shoot and edit short form video for social media
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be positive, motivated, creative, and detail oriented
- General knowledge of sports and the game of lacrosse is not necessary, but helpful
- Position requires flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and during the day on game days
- Must be open to using personal video camera or production equipment
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.