Public Relations Internship - Fall 2019 - The New York Lizards (Garden City, NY)
The New York Lizards, New York’s Major League Lacrosse team, are looking for Public Relations Interns for the Fall of 2019 who will report directly to the Lead Public Relations and Marketing Advisor. Lizard’s internships are part-time and allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional sports organization through hands on experience. The Lizards accept applications from students presently enrolled in a college program. Internships are unpaid and students are REQUIRED to receive college credit.
All interns, regardless of department, are expected to assist with general office duties as needed such as answering telephones, filing, mailing prizes to fans, etc. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong organizational skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to collaborate with fellow team members for the achievement of department goals.
Responsible for the following duties:
- Assist with research and writing/editing of press releases, stories, blogs, game notes, etc.
- Assist in creating handouts, fliers, media guide, email blasts, etc.
- Assist in maintenance of team website, as well as social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Assist with requests by media during practices, events, games, etc.
- Assist with updating statistics and facts on Lizards players where needed
- Maintain clip book and monitor coverage of Lizards in local, regional and national news
- Responsible for working at events, lacrosse and non-lacrosse related, the New York Lizards are invited to attend throughout the tri-state area
- Assist with any other tasks assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be at least a sophomore in an undergraduate program
- Available beginning late August through early December 2019 for the Fall semester
- Majors: Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or Marketing
- Excellent writing and computer skills, AP style knowledge and Microsoft Office skills
- Adobe InDesign and Photoshop knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of lacrosse strongly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.