The New York Lizards Digital Media Department is looking for a well-qualified social media intern for the Spring 2021 with experience working in the field. The purpose of our department is to develop, schedule, and maintain the content provided on all New York Lizards. The New York Lizards, New York’s Major League Lacrosse team, are looking for Fall Social Media Interns who will report directly to the Operations and Marketing Manager.
Lizard’s internships are part-time and allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional sports organization through hands on experience. The Lizards accept applications from students presently enrolled in a college program. Internships are unpaid and students are REQUIRED
to receive college credit.
All interns, regardless of department, are expected to assist with general office duties as needed such as answering telephones, filing, mailing prizes to fans, etc. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong organizational skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to collaborate with fellow team members for the achievement of department goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This internship for the time being will be conducted remotely and may lead to working back in the Lizards' office
- Assist the Operations and Marketing Manager in creation and development of content to distribute each week across all social media platforms
- Help with scheduling and implementing a monthly, weekly, daily social media calendar.
- Monitor and engage communication with fans across all social media platforms in real time
- Assist in developing and updating website content
- A degree in marketing, communications, social media, or a related field
- Ability to shoot video and have knowledge of video editing software is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
- Knowledge about lacrosse, the MLL, and the New York Lizards.
- Must have basic knowledge of Photoshop a plus.
- Must have flexible hours including weekends and nights.
- Attention to detail and creativity
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.