The New York Lizards, New York’s Major League Lacrosse team, are looking for 2021 Spring Graphic Design Interns who will report directly to the lead Operations and Marketing Manager.
Lizard’s internships are part-time and allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional sports organization through hands on experience. The Lizards accept applications from students presently enrolled in a college program. Internships are unpaid and students are REQUIRED to receive college credit.
All interns, regardless of department, are expected to assist with general office duties as needed such as answering telephones, filing, mailing prizes to fans, etc. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong organizational skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to collaborate with fellow team members for the achievement of department goals.
The 2021 Spring Graphic Design Interns will be responsible for the following duties:
- Development of print and digital collateral
- Assist in creating handouts, fliers, media guide, email blasts, etc.
- Assist in maintenance of team website, as well as social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Responsible for working at events, lacrosse and non-lacrosse related, the New York Lizards are invited to attend throughout the tri-state area, when necessary
- Assist with any other tasks assigned (general marketing and game day operations)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- This internship will be conducted remotely due to the current situation and may lead to working back into the Lizards' office.
- Must be at least a sophomore in an undergraduate program
- Spring Interns available January through May
- Majors: Graphic Design, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or Marketing
- Strong knowledge of Adobe (InDesign and Photoshop) and Film Editing (such as iMovie or Premiere) is required
- Applicants must supply a portfolio
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.