Lacrosse Operations Internship – Summer 2020
Major League Lacrosse is seeking hard working, creative, enthusiastic, and self-motivated individuals to fill an available internship opportunity in the League Operations Department. Interns will report directly to the Director of Operations and Operations Coordinator.
- Positions are available for Summer 2020
- Positions are unpaid and students must be able to receive academic credit
- Interns must provide their own transportation to MLL Headquarters in Boston, MA
- Normal intern calendars are as follows, but some flexibility is available with start/end dates: Mid May– Mid August
- Interns will work Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintaining MLL Roster Transactions as they occur in multiple databases
- Manage various databases relating to games and player active rosters
- Assisting with Workers’ Compensation reports
- Fulfill various travel arrangements including flights, hotels and ground transport
- Assisting with updating manuals for operational/rules changes
- Review game tape when necessary for incident report support, statistical reasons, sponsorship and licensing fulfillment and commercial broadcast commitment
- Assist with planning logistics for League All-Star game, Championship Weekend, and other League events, including possible travel to these events outside of Boston area
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES:
- Open to Juniors, Seniors & Graduate Students
- Must be able to receive academic credit
- Sports Management background preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in latest Google/Microsoft productivity software suites. Additional software knowledge in SQL Database, SharePoint, Photoshop/Illustrator, Adobe InDesign knowledge a plus. Experience in Microsoft Access a plus.
- Efficient & effective communications skills across all mediums; ability to express ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to manage competing demands, frequent changes and work in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative, own responsibilities, and raise standard of excellence.
- Must be highly organized, resourceful, a quick learner, possess an eye for sharp attention to detail.
- Enterprising and self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be a team player who is willing to work both together and individually on creative projects.
- Ability to work well with different personalities as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, listens to others, and willingness to try new ideas.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to handle media in any situation, both good and bad.
- Presents self in a professional manner and has the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and outside contacts.
- Must be able to confidently contact members outside vendors and venues, MLL team staff, MLL players and coaches in an articulate manner
Expected Schedule Commitment:
- This is a full-time position
- Interns may be required to work at least one weekend day, usually Saturday or Sunday evenings to cover League games. *Subject to League schedule
- When needed, ability and willingness to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends, holidays due to the nature of professional sports
- If needed, the ability and willingness to do light travel which may include away games, training camps, regular season games, League special events, and related lacrosse marketing events outside of MLL
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.