Youth Programming Internship - Summer 2020 - New York Lizards (Garden City, NY)
Lizards' internships are part-time and allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional sports organization through hands on experience. The Lizards accept applications from students presently enrolled in a college program. Internships are unpaid and all candidates must be eligible to receive college credits
. In addition, excellent candidates may be asked to return during the summer for paid roles.
All interns, regardless of department, are expected to assist with general office duties as needed such as answering telephones, filing, mailing prizes to fans, etc. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong organizational skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to collaborate with fellow team members for the achievement of department goals.
The New York Lizards, New York’s Major League Lacrosse team, are looking for Summer Youth Programming Interns who will report directly to the Operations and Marketing Manager, along with the NY Lizards' Head Coach.
Youth Programming interns will be working with lacrosse players of all ages throughout the fall. This includes helping in relation to tournaments, clinics and coaching. Interns in office will assist in the further development of the department through sales, marketing, and working with our secondary website to promote all programs that are offered to youth.
The 2020 Summer Youth Programming Interns will be responsible the following duties:
- Attend lacrosse and non-lacrosse related community events and tournaments to market youth lacrosse programming
- Assist with the development of camp and clinic curriculum
- Assist with supervising camps, clinics, and tournaments
- Assist with maintenance of camp registration and travel team websites
- Assist with any other tasks assigned (general sales, marketing and game day operations)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be at least a sophomore in an undergraduate program
Must be eligible to receive College Credit for this internship.
- Available May - August 2020
- Background in lacrosse and working with children strongly preferred
- Must be available to attend all camps, clinics and tournaments, and other Lizards events.
- Execution of previous clinics, & tournaments a plus
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, professionalism, and a passion for the sports industry
- Possess creative and strategic thinking
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Show initiative and be a self-starter
- Must be able to work in the office during the week and/or nights and weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.