Operations Internship - Summer 2020 - New York Lizards (Garden City, NY)
Lizards' internships are part-time and allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional sports organization through hands on experience. The Lizards accept applications from students presently enrolled in a college program. Internships are unpaid and applicants are REQUIRED to receive college credit. In addition, excellent candidates may be asked to return during the summer for paid roles.
All interns, regardless of department, are expected to assist with general office duties as needed such as answering telephones, filing, mailing prizes to fans, etc. A successful applicant will demonstrate strong organizational skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to collaborate with fellow team members for the achievement of department goals.
The New York Lizards, New York’s Major League Lacrosse team, are looking for Summer Operations Interns who will report directly to the Operations & Marketing Manager.
Operations interns will be helping facilitate all front office operations for the preparation of the upcoming season. This includes helping in relation to player personal, marketing events, game day planning and more.
The 2020 Operations Interns will be responsible the following duties:
- Assist with player personal
- Assist with planning of Lizards home games, clinics, & possible marketing events.
- Attend lacrosse and non-lacrosse related community events to market team
- Assist with the development of operations department
- Assist with correspondences between team members and management
- Assist with documents including kits, visiting team guides, media guide, and game day materials, such as timelines, scripts, game notes. & etc.
- Assist with any other tasks assigned (general sales, marketing, and game day operations)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be at least a sophomore in an undergraduate program
- Available May - August 2020
- Applicants are all REQUIRED to receive college credit.
- Knowledge of Microsoft/Google Applications (Word, Excel, & Powerpoint) and Adobe Photoshop a plus
- Exceptional work ethic, strong desire to succeed, professionalism, and a passion for the sports industry
- Detail Oriented
- Possess creative and strategic thinking
- Display strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Show initiative and be a self-starter
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.