Major League Lacrosse is seeking part-time and full-time interns with vision, drive and a great work ethic. This will be an opportunity to have a lasting impact on a professional sports league and leave an internship with skills and metrics to carry forward into your career. The MLL accepts applications from students presently enrolled in a college or graduate school program. Internships are unpaid and students must be able to receive credit. This internship may be completed remotely, or in-office (Maryland), depending on the current COVID-19 rules and regulations.
MLL Communications Intern - Spring 2021
Major League Lacrosse will be entering our 21st season. The 2021 season will be full of new activations, fan engagements, player promotions and exciting new initiatives. MLL is seeking interns who bring energy, a willingness to work crazy hours, and an entrepreneurial spirit to our re-imagined MLL. A positive attitude and a great work ethic will be required of any intern excited and ready to be a part of the 2021 MLL season! This internship will begin in January 2021 and continue through the end of your semester.
This position is heavily based around written communications. Each intern will be assigned one of our six teams to research and report on prior to the 2021 Season. A brief overview of the duties can be found below.
- Research and contribute unique content to the Major League Lacrosse website
- Research potential and valuable story lines for Major League Lacrosse and contributors to share on the website
- Connect with professional players and coaches to conduct interviews for stories
- Assist in managing the Major League Lacrosse email database and weekly email distribution
- Work closely with the Marketing, Communications and Sponsorship teams to execute all strategies through digital communication platforms
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Open to all years
- Open to all majors
- Must be able to receive academic credit
- Basic understanding of professional writing and communication
- Capable of taking direction, but working without micromanagement
- Interest in sports
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.