Video Editing Internship:
- The internship is unpaid, and you MUST be able to earn academic credit. We will partner with you and your advisor to ensure all credit requirements are met.
- Interns report to our Annapolis, MD headquarters.
Who are we looking for?
- Motivated sports enthusiasts who aren’t afraid to shake up the norms to find a creative solution.
- Individuals who demonstrate a history of ongoing participation in athletics and team activities.
- Passion for and knowledge of lacrosse and its traditions is preferred.
- Individuals with a strong desire to learn.
- Students pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Sports & Entertainment Management, Business Administration, Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, Multi-Media or a related field.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
- Ability to maintain professional, ethical, and company standards at all times.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment including flexibility for an irregular internship schedule.
- Commitment to the team with a “won’t give up” mentality.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency including strong organization skills, ability to prioritize, a commitment to tight deadlines, and the ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills with a focus on accuracy and quality.
- Technology savviness with the ability to master new technologies as needed.
- Interns assigned to the Video Editing focus must demonstrate proficiency at Adobe Creative Suite, predominately Adobe PremierePro and AfterEffects
What does the Video Editing Intern learn?
The Video Editing Intern learns what goes into planning and executing a successful Chesapeake Bayhawks campaign in the exciting working environment of the MLL. The Video Editing Intern will have the opportunity to participate in the strategic planning and preparation for the upcoming
Chesapeake Bayhawks season, while learning additional skills in their assigned focus area as follows:
- Must be well-versed in Adobe Creative Suite, predominately Adobe PremierePro and AfterEffects
- Understanding of brand guidelines, logo usage, approved fonts, and the ability to execute on brand templates
- Openness toward constructive feedback and investment in overall end-product
- Fulfill video requests from Marketing and Sales teams to support organization initiatives
- Create videos for use across social media, website, game-day footage, sponsor assets, and all other organizational video needs
- Adept at cutting and editing existing video, including editing of sound and transitions
- Understanding of industry norms, especially as they relate to royalty-free assets