Graphic Design Internship:
- The internship is unpaid, and you MUST be able to earn academic credit. We will partner with you and your advisor to ensure all credit requirements are met.
- Interns report to our Annapolis, MD headquarters.
Who are we looking for?
- Motivated sports enthusiasts who aren’t afraid to shake up the norms to find a creative solution.
- Individuals who demonstrate a history of ongoing participation in athletics and team activities.
- Passion for and knowledge of lacrosse and its traditions is preferred.
- Individuals with a strong desire to learn.
- Students pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Sports & Entertainment Management, Business Administration, Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
- Ability to maintain professional, ethical, and company standards at all times.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment including flexibility for an irregular internship schedule.
- Commitment to the team with a “won’t give up” mentality.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Highly self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency including strong organization skills, ability to prioritize, a commitment to tight deadlines, and the ability to multi-task.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills with a focus on accuracy and quality.
- Technology savviness with the ability to master new technologies as needed.
- Interns assigned to the Graphic Design focus must demonstrate proficiency at Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, PhotoShop and/or InDesign.
What does the Graphic Design Intern learn?
The Graphic Design Intern learns what goes in to planning and executing a successful Chesapeake Bayhawks campaign in the exciting working environment of the MLL. The Graphic Design Intern will have the opportunity to participate in the strategic planning and preparation for the upcoming
Chesapeake Bayhawks season, while learning additional skills in their assigned focus area as follows:
- Must be well-versed in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Understanding of brand guidelines, logo usage, approved fonts, and the ability to execute on brand templates
- Openness toward constructive feedback and investment in overall end-product
- Fulfill design requests from Marketing and Sales teams to support organization initiatives
- Create designs across social media, website, printed collateral, game-day graphics, sponsor assets, and all other organizational design needs
- Must be adept in photo editing and altering still photos