Your Internship with the Chesapeake Bayhawks
Who are the Chesapeake Bayhawks?
The Chesapeake Bayhawks are the most successful team in the 15-year history of Major League Lacrosse (MLL), the world’s premier professional outdoor lacrosse league. They have won more than 100 regular season games, and hold the record for most post-season game appearances (winning 12 of 16). The team also holds the record for most championship games played in the history of the league, with seven appearances since 2002. The Chesapeake Bayhawks are proud to have earned five MLL championship titles since their inception (in 2002, 2005, 2010, 2012, and 2013).
Playing from Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium in Annapolis, MD, the Chesapeake Bayhawks have given Chesapeake area fans from Baltimore to Virginia, Washington, D.C., and the Eastern Shore, the opportunity to witness some of the best talent in the sport.
At the Chesapeake Bayhawks, we change the way the sport gets played.
What is our culture like?
The Chesapeake Bayhawks believe their success is a direct result of a solid foundation built on the values of family, community, and loyalty. We pride ourselves on preserving a culture based on innovation, competition, challenging the status quo, and facing hurdles head on. We empower our employees to play to their strengths. Our employees have an “all-in” mentality; they are agile and nimble, always at-the-ready. There is a family feel around our office; everyone is always ready to jump in to help one another out.
Our culture is unrivaled. We are competitors at our core.
What does our internship program offer?
Our interns will receive a 360° introduction to our mission, culture, team, and the work we perform. Interns will experience the fast-paced working environment of the MLL and participate in group learning and team building activities. We understand and appreciate the value that interns bring to the table. We want our interns to fully participate in the work our team performs and encourage them to share new perspectives, ideas, and technologies. Interns will walk away from the experience with a portfolio of their accomplishments and a network of new relationships to propel their future careers forward.
Welcome to the team!
Game Day Summer Internship
· Begins on Monday, May 21st, 2018.
· Ends on Friday, August 17th, 2018.
· The internship is unpaid and you MUST be able to earn academic credit. We will partner with you and your advisor to ensure all credit requirements are met.
· Interns report to our Annapolis, MD headquarters.
· Regardless of assigned functional area, all interns must be available to support Bayhawks home games that fall after their start date; home games occur on the following dates: Saturday, April 21st, Saturday, June 2nd, Saturday, June 16th, Monday, July 2nd, Saturday, July 7th, Saturday, July 21st, and Saturday, July 28th.
Who are we looking for?
· Motivated sports enthusiasts who aren’t afraid to shake up the norms to find a creative solution.
· Individuals who demonstrate a history of ongoing participation in athletics and team activities.
· Passion for and knowledge of lacrosse and its traditions is preferred.
· Individuals with a strong desire to learn.
· Students pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Sports & Entertainment Management, Business Administration, Finance, Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
· A GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred.
· Ability to maintain professional, ethical, and company standards at all times.
· Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
· Ability to adapt to a changing environment including flexibility for an irregular internship schedule.
· Commitment to the team with a “won’t give up” mentality.
· Excellent interpersonal and teambuilding skills.
· Highly self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency including strong organization skills, ability to prioritize, a commitment to tight deadlines, and the ability to multi-task.
· Exceptional attention to detail and organization skills with a focus on accuracy and quality.
· Technology savviness with the ability to master new technologies as needed.
· Interns assigned to the Graphic Design & Marketing focus must demonstrate proficiency at Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Photoshop.
What does the Game Day Intern learn?
The Game DayIntern learns what goes in to planning and executing a successful Chesapeake Bayhawks season in the exciting working environment of the MLL. The Game Day Intern will have the opportunity to participate in the fast-paced action of all home games while learning additional skills in their assigned focus area as follows:
· Graphic Design & Marketing: brainstorm social media strategies, advertise, attend, and photograph team events, and assist in the drafting and updating of design products. Must be well- versed in Adobe Products.