The New England Free Jacks and Heritage Sports are an aspiring and innovative live events, media, and consumer products organization. The core brand in the portfolio is The New England Free Jacks, the humble hard-working free-spirited professional rugby team competing in the emergent and exhilarating Major League Rugby (MLR), the premier North American professional rugby competition. Our team strives at outpacing expectations. The Free Jacks is a local and national brand with headquarters in Quincy, MA. For more information, please visit www.FreeJacks.com
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for researching trends, ideation of new concepts and creating compelling artwork that meet the brand aesthetic. The Graphic Designer will work in the Marketing Department and report to the Marketing Director while assisting with content creation, designing both print and digital ads/marketing collateral, assisting with social media accounts and all other Marketing needs of the department. We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual that is passionate to provide extraordinary customer service and become part of a supportive team that focuses on caring, positivity, and growing our brand.
- Create and design various materials for print and digital collateral
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule
- Establish creative direction for the company as well as brand guidelines
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications and budget restrictions
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images
- Work with a wide range of media and use graphic design software
- Ability to create graphic art through vector-based mediums, hand illustrations, and other methods to meet artwork brief.
- Employ multi-dimensional thinking to ideate and discover new perspectives, viewpoints, or approaches.
- A problem solver by nature, with the ability to conceive, innovate, and ability to bring ideas to light that solve a challenge.
- Collaborative and energized by teamwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Portfolio of work that demonstrates the ability to create designs to fit numerous styles and needs.
- Research and apply new and innovative ways to use existing & new techniques.
- Ensure the product successfully meets the brand aesthetic by adhering to team design DNA fundamentals.
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects.
- Attend and contribute to product review sessions with cross functional partners.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web.
- Ensure design reflects market needs and product brief requirements
- Gather and apply market research and feedback to employ relevant and trend right graphics for the intended market.
- Keep up to date on industry factors that can affect products, such as material, technology, and consumer feedback and insight.
- Video editing and animation skills are a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Ability to work long/flexible hours, including evenings, match days, weekends, and holidays.
- Applicant must be local to the area
Requirements & EEO Statement: 5+ years of design experience- knowledge of the sports industry a plus. Advanced knowledge of Adobe suite programs and Google Suite Tools Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or other relevant field. THUNDER CO/N.E. Free Jacks is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).