The Director of Youth Development is responsible for providing operational and strategic leadership of Youth Rugby development programs sponsored by the MLR and Imagine Rugby, as well as the coordination of MLR U18 Academies. These programs will increase the exposure and marketing of the MLR as they get implemented across the US. The position requires the coordination of youth rugby development efforts of the MLR franchises and Imagine Rugby, and requires working with USA Rugby, YHS, State Youth Rugby Organizations (SYROs), Youth Rugby Clubs, and Schools.
· Strong inter-personal and communication skills, ready and willing to support & work with MLR Franchises and regional stakeholders.
· Able to sell the programs, the game of rugby, and develop and implement a plan for sponsorship/fund-raising and multiple revenue streams for the organization.
· Knowledge and expertise running a youth sports/rugby non-profit organization with the relevant information and communication technologies.
· Working knowledge and expertise in youth rugby policies and procedures, operations, safety protocols and player development.
· Working knowledge and expertise in non-profit/youth sports finances, budgeting and accounting procedures.
· Comfortable implementing the organizational objectives, including growing the game, protecting and improving the culture, creating an environment focused on player, coach and referee development, and placing the highest priority on player safety.
· Demonstrate personal qualities of honesty, integrity, accountability, and respect.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Collaborate in the development of a youth rugby development program in partnership with all MLR franchises, Imagine Rugby, YHS and local SYROs.
· Assist the MLR franchises to implement the Rookie Rugby program across SYROs, clubs and schools in their areas.
· Integrate MLR sponsorship opportunities with Imagine Rugby and YHS activities/programs.
· Coordinate the development and implementation of the MLR U18 Academies –culminating in the MLR Academy Championship.
· Develop growth strategies and targets, as well as organizational goals and objectives and drive achievement of those goals.
· Conduct regular assessment of the goals and develop and implement action plans to adjust as needed.
· Nurture and develop key partnerships to effectively achieve objectives.
· Prepare an annual budget for approval. Manage the resources to stay within budget.
· Serve as a liaison between MLR office, MLR franchises, Imagine Rugby and SYROs and other youth rugby stakeholders.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.